Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 51268 times)

rv-rick

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 04:01:46 PM »
As to the weather, we're still digging out. Still have 4-6" of mostly ice on the drive. Some streets haven't seen a plow yet. I'm about 50 miles north of Richmond, VA.
This will be the first HD200 I've seen in the flesh. I did get to sit on an HD125. I understand they are the same in most everything except engine size.  The dealer in Richmond says they could go ~$3500 on a new one since it's winter.
Maybe I'll offer him $2000 and see what he says. I haven't seen it yet, but at 450 miles, i guess it should be OK. Just hope it hasn't been sitting too long with bad gas.

NC Scootin: Actually I prefer the blue.  ;D

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 05:24:23 PM »
No, not to make a buck. To get a Red one.   :)

I really like it and hoped to find a Red one but the one I bought was blue. Beautiful but I still long for the Red.

Still can't get over how well this thing rides and how much fun it is.

Me too, same thing, wanted RED got BLUE.
But it's OK, I love Big Blue

NC Scootin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »
As to the weather, we're still digging out. Still have 4-6" of mostly ice on the drive. Some streets haven't seen a plow yet. I'm about 50 miles north of Richmond, VA.
This will be the first HD200 I've seen in the flesh. I did get to sit on an HD125. I understand they are the same in most everything except engine size.  The dealer in Richmond says they could go ~$3500 on a new one since it's winter.
Maybe I'll offer him $2000 and see what he says. I haven't seen it yet, but at 450 miles, i guess it should be OK. Just hope it hasn't been sitting too long with bad gas.

NC Scootin: Actually I prefer the blue.  ;D

Sounds good. Offer $2000. With the snow and ice the scoot will be tough to sell so you might get a good deal.
What color is it?
If it's red and you buy it - maybe we can swap body panels?   :)
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
David in NC
JerseyBiker - "You can take the biker out of Jersey but not the Jersey out of the biker"

NC Scootin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »

Me too, same thing, wanted RED got BLUE.
But it's OK, I love Big Blue

Big Blue.   Hmmm.  Mine hasn't told me her name yet.
I gotta find that out.
I hope it's "The Weasel".
David in NC
JerseyBiker - "You can take the biker out of Jersey but not the Jersey out of the biker"

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 08:45:48 PM »
Actually, Carter sells all the body panels pre-painted. You can change out the color for a few hundred $$

The part the headlight goes into is $49.00, which is not horrible. I think the entire body would be around $350 or so.

NC Scootin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »
Really!

Hmm. I'll have to look into that and also see what is involved to swap 'em out. 
I'd really like the red and might actually do it for $350.  That would be awesome.
Also, I could sell the blue parts and reduce that even more.
Thanks for that info.

BTW- I've seen the parts book online but not the prices. Is there a place to see the prices? How do you know that piece is $49 - did you have to buy it for some reason?  I need the headlight lens. Mine is cracked - was when I bought it.
David in NC

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2009, 12:24:34 PM »
They don't publish the prices, you have to call. I have a spare headlight assembly, that was actually pretty expensive - maybe $39 or something like that. But it comes with a Philips H4 bulb which costs what, $15 or something like that, so not really so bad. Nothing ever comes with screws, just so you know.

Some prior owner had removed the fairing improperly and the tabs were busted, so I just replaced it. Not a problem to do, all the instructions are in the service manual. Probably take under 2 hours to change it all out. There is the main body, the small strips on the side, the leg shield upper and lower, and the headlight fairing and handlebar fairings. Not all that much. Don't forget the front fender!

rv-rick

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2009, 04:17:11 PM »
What would you call a red HD200?

Little Red Ridin' 'round the 'hood ?   ;D

The Fire Drake

• -------The Fire Drake------- SYM HD200
    • View Profile
    • The Lair of The Fire Drake
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »
Kinda funny, I wanted the silver one but ended up getting a red one.  

I had one on layaway for 6 months while paying it off over winter. Once I was done paying it, it wasn't available nor were any available. You see, I was buying it new from a SYM dealer. The dealer was to prep and ship it to me, but SYM said, "NO. You cannot ship a SYM product period." This is/was a reputable dealer that has been in business for a long time so it wasn't his fault and SYM tied his hands eventhough it was dealer prepped and paid for. According to Carter Brothers, I have to physically take posession IN PERSON--PERIOD and a dealer CANNOT ship or lose their dealership rights. Long story short I found a local dealer and puchased it there where he only had a red one and a silver one would be "special ordered" and cost more and take a long time so I bought the red one.

Here's another tip for you gyus and gals--- if you do wnat to change the color, then ride to a body shop and ask what it would cost them to paint your panels off the bike. I bet you'd be surprised on how much it costs and then you can paint it any color you want :)
Jeff

Almost forgot, SYM uses DuPont paint on our rides
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 06:16:10 PM by The Fire Drake »
www.jeffs-hotsauces.com/firedrakehome.htm

SYM HD200 30mm OKO CVK carb, MRP no-rev limit CDI, Bando hi-perf coil, Emgo 48mm free-flow filter, MRP GY6 Type 2 stainless steel exhaust & muffler, Full LED conversion & markers, ENM tach and 100 watt amp/speakers.
Xingyue XY150T 8 (Tank Racer DS-08)

rv-rick

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2009, 06:24:51 PM »
SYM isn't the only one that says you have to pick it up in person. Honda and Yamaha for sure, and I wouldn't be surprised if Suzuki and the rest were the same way. I passed on a new Honda at a good price because of that.

bluenoser

• Bluenoser
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
Great site, I've owned motorcycles but one month ago I purchased a RV 250 what a blast, I think I'm hooked on scooting , great in the city traffic no shifting , great on the secondary roads and with some mods it will be great on the highway , I've ordered in a replacement Windshield to cut down on the wind and a topbox for those overnight trips, weather here is getting better and soon the roads will be filled with two wheelers , I'm in eastern Canada so our springs come a little later than most , keep scooting!

HD200SYMBArider

• Jake on the SYMBA. (He is the one that named it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »
Welcome to the SYM family.

Live in Texas now but from Canada.  I agree about the weather comments.
It is great to now be able to ride for most of the year.  :)

Thanks,
Pete

finch

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 03:40:58 PM »
Hi All
         Am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself I live in Nottingham UK and ride a 2002 Joyride 125, I have owned it from new only done 4400km and its only used in dry weather and is in virtual mint condition. Really enjoy riding it bit never seem to have the time hence the low mileage thought of changing it but afraid am to attached and it meets my needs at the moment.

symwofllove

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2010, 04:34:21 PM »
Howdy,

Okay. I excited about being here. But I spelled my user name wrong. I'm really put off by it. It's should be symwolflove. But me being a bonehead. I screwed it up. It's mistakenly "symwofllove". I kept wondering why I could login.

Aw, man now by balance is all mixed up. So could rejoin. Or could you guys just fix it (symwolflove). Because I will be stuck with the boneheaded name "symwofllove". Not good... I'm hating this name!

Tough duty...........

I love to introduce myself, but I want get this fixed first.

Lenny

The Fire Drake

• -------The Fire Drake------- SYM HD200
    • View Profile
    • The Lair of The Fire Drake
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Welcome Lenny--- All you have to do is to go into your profile settings and change what the users see as your name under modify your profile--account settings. You'll still have to log in with your original setting though

OR you can delete the accaount and create a new one

Once again-Welcome
Jeff
www.jeffs-hotsauces.com/firedrakehome.htm

SYM HD200 30mm OKO CVK carb, MRP no-rev limit CDI, Bando hi-perf coil, Emgo 48mm free-flow filter, MRP GY6 Type 2 stainless steel exhaust & muffler, Full LED conversion & markers, ENM tach and 100 watt amp/speakers.
Xingyue XY150T 8 (Tank Racer DS-08)