Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 51239 times)

SYMmike

• View Profile
    • Me
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2017, 06:52:46 PM »
Hey everyone, I had my RV250 parked for awhile while I was busy with other things. I decided to dust it off  the other day and give it a good cleaning, change fluids, replace a head lamp, and put fresh fuel in. Charged the battery and took it out for a 100 mile ride. Flawless, until I stopped for gas and the battery was dead. Turns out the battery was bad causing all sorts of weird readings and running issues after I got it jumped. Put a new battery in and presto! The scoot was running great again. The only problem is the brake light stays on all the time. Even when I disconnected the brake switches they still stay on. I can start the scoot too without pressing the brake lever. Looks like I have to look for the short/continuity in that wire. ::)
2008 dark grey RV250, 27,000 miles

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2017, 11:16:19 PM »
Well heck, good to cya back up and running...Sounds like a fun error (I hate wiring work)
Keep us posted & keep the dusty..er shiny side up :D
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

SYMmike

• View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2017, 12:06:38 PM »
Well heck, good to cya back up and running...Sounds like a fun error (I hate wiring work)
Keep us posted & keep the dusty..er shiny side up :D
Thanks, I will.

SYMmike

• View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2017, 05:23:38 PM »
I have continuity in the tail/brake light. Which leaves the brake light on all the time through the running lights. I either have to replace or try to fix what I have. I believe its a closed/sealed component so I will have to replace.

stepthrutunèr

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »
Hi.

New member here.  Well, been member for over two years and have posted once but wish to formally do it right so here goes...

I have been riding scooters since 2003, having owned a 2003 50cc Touhe 4t, 2002 Derbi Atlantis 50 2t, 2008 Burgman 400 and SYM HD 200.  I still have all but the Touhe and the Atlantis has been sitting up for around three years.

I have ridden all these scooters over 25,000 miles and do my own mods and repairs.  Getting on in years (now 66) and with considerable osteoarthritis in my knees (one replaced), hips (now my worst source of pain) and shoulders I tired of fiddling with the finicky and thirsty fuel characteristics of two strokes, especially modded ones and decided to go with larger four strokes.

The Burgman is great with a fantastic combination of speed, utility and economy.  The heft (460 lbs), however, at rest did not suit my arthritic conditions thus inspiring me to buy the HD 200.  It is now my go-to scooter and I only ride the Burgman when I need either the storage or the speed for interstate hwy. travel.  I ride the SYM to my job everyday save for perhaps a few a year countable on one hand.

I have education and work experiences in mechanical and electrical/electronic maintenance and have been a motorsports enthusiast since my teens.  I currently work as a 6 MGD municipal/rural surface water production plant third shift operator in a small SW Arkansas community.

I am a charter member of 49ccscoot.proboards.com scooter forums also under the username - stepthrutuner.

Don't know how active I will be here but I am thankful for this forum and may contribute from time to time.