Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 50281 times)

julius

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2016, 12:17:51 AM »
Hello everybody.  I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years.  My name is Julius and I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago.  I've been riding a 2008 HD 200 for some time now. 

The weather here was great today.  I uncovered the bike and rode it for a while and it felt great.  I hope tomorrow is good riding weather.

RubyRed

• View Profile
HELLO!
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »
I am new here and new to scooter ownership. I purchased a Cabo 150 this past Friday. I have a question about the colors on the instrumentation. How do I set it to stay one color, without changing colors? Thanks in advance.
RubyRed.

BigOldDog

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2016, 03:25:02 AM »
Hi All, I'm picking up my new SYM 600i in about 2 hours, and by pure chance I have just stumbled on this site, funny (almost) as I have spent more time on this purchase than any other of the many bikes and couple of scooters I've ever owned, it came down to a choice between a Piaggio X10 350cc and the SYM 600i, on looks and style the Piaggio has it in spades but for me the test ride clinched it, with the wife on board we flitted across the city, out on to the highway and back through a selection of roundabouts, bearing in mind it was a brand new bike, right off the showroom floor, and obviously a tight motor, the power was more than enough, we hit 100kmh effortlessly between the lights and 130kmh when on the highway, I wasn't going to blow up a brand new scoot so didn't take it any further, more important to me than the absolute top speed was the city acceleration, we blew away an aggressive solo Kymco 300 rider, and left all other traffic behind at a succession of lights, squirting and filtering through traffic at various speeds was easy. Vibration was slightly noticeable (possibly because I was particularly looking for it??) but not bad, and certainly not intrusive through the handlebars which gives me numb fingers quickly. I didn't notice the wind and neither did the wife, the screen was on the lowest setting.
For me the Sym600 is very comfortable, the handle bars felt just right and being able to move my legs around is a big plus, and (Very Importantly) my wife said several times how she felt comfortable on the back, getting it on and off the center stand was dead easy and the the whole scoot just felt solid.

Negatives: (1) The long wheelbase is going to stop me wriggling (as opposed to filtering) through very heavy traffic. (2) The little center display on the dash is unreadable in bright sunlight, but as when riding I'm really only interested in gas/speed/temperature I'm not too bothered.
The dealer is a great guy (So Far :) ), it's a family business and he is very customer oriented, he showed me his spare parts department and it was very impressive, about the same size as the stores when I was selling Toyota & Lexus, just hope they are the rights spares! He did tell me he has only sold 10 SYM 600s but promised me he keeps all service items in stock, he has a huge amount of small SYM sales both to bike hire companies and privately, so I'm hopeful I won't have the problems some have had with Piaggio spares here.  Great Site, I'll be dropping in often. 8)

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2016, 09:01:17 PM »
Glad to have you aboard, dog. I wish we could get SYM 600s over here in the states, but the CitiCom 300 is as large as we can get. Thanks for the report on the test ride, and enjoy that scooter! Cheers!
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID

Magwitch

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2016, 04:50:11 PM »
Hello all!
I have been a lifelong biker and recently moved over to scooters, odd you may think but i think i need to get back to grass roots so to speak, big bikes are fine but constantly owning them has made my lose my two wheel mojo and it's become serious with nomfun involved, and i remembered buying a knackered scooter for eighty quid during a particularly low period and enjoyed it enormously.
So here I am with a Lexmoto diablo and my project, a fiddle2 50, which i am busy coverting to 125cc, a nice little project and having fun with it however there are still a few obstacles to overcome, i hope to have what i think is a lovely little Vespa clone on the road in the new year.
I a, also a qualified bike mechanic so if i can be of help i would be more than happy.
Jon.

bazza9001

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2017, 01:07:39 PM »
new to the site hello all 😊😊

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2017, 04:42:42 PM »
Hello Bazza
Where ya from, whatcha ride?
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

bazza9001

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
im from the uk in kent i just got a little jet euro x

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2017, 05:57:25 PM »
Looks like a fun bike.  A two stroke no less.  They still selling those new in the UK?
Kinda thinking the way things are going for emissions two strokes are becoming a thing of the past, at least around here.
Did you get the 50cc or the 100?
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

bazza9001

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2017, 01:12:32 AM »
got the 100cc its not a bad little bike can chuck it bout no issue lol i got it very cheep and in wicked condition 😀😀

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2017, 06:06:58 PM »
Wicked indeed, light and quick if not fast.  A great little city runner, or further if a bit bold.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

bazza9001

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
defo does the job was guna up a pic but cant work out how to upload one 🤔🤔

david23

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2017, 03:37:14 PM »
Hello, this is david23, I'm glad I found this forum I realize that forums are usually for people who need mechanical advise on their vehicles because they have some kind of issue or issues with their vehicle I guess I'm lucky and I haven't experienced any major issues with my 2015 HD 200 so that kind of makes me feel like I'm not one of the group, but that's not how it is in reality I'm glad your forum is here for any possible problems that may arise, but even if not, it's good to know this thing is available for the entertainment value and other reasons That's all I got for now, have a good one

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »
Don't sweat it Dave.  It took my blue HD years before it gave me any flak, & no need to feel left out if yours doesn't.
About the only thing I'd suggest, if you haven't done this yet, is to swap out the factory bricks for some better tires.
When I did that my only thought was exactly the same as everybody else..."Why didn't I do this sooner".
The factory ones wear like iron, but handle poorly, particularly in the rain, vs. other choices.

Keep the rubber to the road.
Tromper

Hello, this is david23, I'm glad I found this forum I realize that forums are usually for people who need mechanical advise on their vehicles because they have some kind of issue or issues with their vehicle I guess I'm lucky and I haven't experienced any major issues with my 2015 HD 200 so that kind of makes me feel like I'm not one of the group, but that's not how it is in reality I'm glad your forum is here for any possible problems that may arise, but even if not, it's good to know this thing is available for the entertainment value and other reasons That's all I got for now, have a good one
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2017, 12:03:56 AM »
I couldn't agree more on both counts. Don't feel separated from other SYMForum members; post good rides in your area, or just things like your Life post.

I neglected to change out the Duros until ~10k. What a difference!