Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 51269 times)

slipster

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »
hey Phantom - welcome,

pics of your Yamaha Tmax looks like it sports foot forward riding but your post makes that a definite no.  You will be giving up about a hundred pounds of weight and seat height.  Everything else is pretty close in comparison except the MPG which you will see go way up to around 75MPG rather than 45MPG (if you keep the stock SYM Variator).  You will need the taller shield.  I just got rid of the rider backrest so I can move back further. Like KMTscoot I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam.  I took the seat to a local upholster shop and they added some padding and recovered the seat in a higher grade vinyl.  Looks better and is even more comfortable than it was which really was great for a stock seat!  Your decision might come down to how much highway driving that you do vs. in town driving.
2009 SYM RV250 modified
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100

phantom309

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »
cheers kmtscoot.having watched the video link on this site they do seem a lot of scooter for your money.unlike the jap's offerings which can be the opposite.lot's of money and not many options or extras.
slipster.not that much highway (our motorway)will be done just cruising round the country side at no more than 50 / 60 mph
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:06:34 PM by phantom309 »

Kiwiscoot

• Scootaholic - Down Under New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 01:59:27 AM »
Just wanted to say Hi here from New Zealand. Having a ball with my Citycom since September 2008.
regards Kiwiscoot
Citycom 300i - 46 000+ kms what a blast.
Citycom review: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=200cc&action=display&thread=16772

Rich B

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »
Hello all Im new to this form also. Jeff has helped me out on a problem now I find him here and that is a good thing.
I had a Vino 125 a nice ride, but slow, I also have a Lance 150 it seems to be just ok Ive got 3k on it and need to do some tune up. the problem is getting all the plastic off. I live In Visalia Ca and have a second home In Pismo Beach so I took the Lance to Pismo.
This is a great foram and Im happy to find it.

Dobest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »
Hello every one.
I

scooterman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 02:26:11 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm the new guy here. I have a Fiddle 125 that is really a nice ride, although
it has a strange grinding noise in the front. I think it's probably bodywork.
I also have two motorcycles and quite honestly I'm just getting tired of shifting down/up at
every stop light. Anyway the scoot is a lot of fun. Ride safe.

fiddleii

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »
Hi to all.
I'm from Portugal (not the first one I can tell ;) ) and I'm kinda of cheating, 'cause I don't own a Sym - I'm expecting to get a Fiddle 125 :)
Hope I can find some help here about that...

Cheers!

Barnone

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »
Welcome fiddleii. Hope you find your SYM soon.

woznotwoz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »
Hi I'm Wozza from England and have been a bit of a fan of SYM bikes for 
quite a while...My last being a SYM Attila which unfortunately was stolen and burnt out by kids..... >:(

I have been waiting ages for SYM to start producing larger engined scooters, and so with the annoucement of the new 400 & 600 I was quite excited..................... ;D

Anyway I'm looking at purchasing (when available) the new Maxsym 600.

rv-rick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 07:03:57 PM »
I am a potential HD200 owner. I have questions about the warranty. This is a used unit with 450 miles.
Neither the SYM site nor the Carter Bro site say anything about any details. The contact links on the sites don't work and the email address I had (info@carterbro.com) came back undeliverable.
Is it transferable? Is there a change in terms after the first year? This is important to me.
All that being said, from what I've read here and other places, this is a great scoot.
Sorry for going on.

The Fire Drake

• -------The Fire Drake------- SYM HD200
    • View Profile
    • The Lair of The Fire Drake
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 09:50:20 PM »
Sorry to tell you, but the warranty is not transferable from the original registrant--- :( But I can tell you that it's seriously in doubt that you'll need the warranty anyway. I've had mine for 1
www.jeffs-hotsauces.com/firedrakehome.htm

SYM HD200 30mm OKO CVK carb, MRP no-rev limit CDI, Bando hi-perf coil, Emgo 48mm free-flow filter, MRP GY6 Type 2 stainless steel exhaust & muffler, Full LED conversion & markers, ENM tach and 100 watt amp/speakers.
Xingyue XY150T 8 (Tank Racer DS-08)

rv-rick

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »
Thanks for the info Fire Drake. I see your name on here quite a bit. I guess you're the SYM guru.
The one I'm looking at is a 2008. Any idea what would be a fair price?
NADA doesn't list anything but the new price.  He's asking $2500. I saw a recent post on here for a 2009 for $2000.
I want to be fair, but I don't want to get cheated either.

NC Scootin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2009, 07:30:01 AM »
Hey Rick

I bought the one listed here for $2K and even paid a bit less. $2500 seems high but it does depend on where you live and what winter is like where you are. Colder weather = lower prices.

If you are near Raleigh NC I will sell you my 2009 today for $2500!!

I can tell you of the 20 or so scoots I've owned in the last 10 years, the HD is one of the funnest! Once you get one, you won't regret anything except waiting so long to get one.

Welcome and keep us posted on what you do.
David in NC
JerseyBiker - "You can take the biker out of Jersey but not the Jersey out of the biker"

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »
Hey Rick

I bought the one listed here for $2K and even paid a bit less. $2500 seems high but it does depend on where you live and what winter is like where you are. Colder weather = lower prices.

If you are near Raleigh NC I will sell you my 2009 today for $2500!!

I can tell you of the 20 or so scoots I've owned in the last 10 years, the HD is one of the funnest! Once you get one, you won't regret anything except waiting so long to get one.

Welcome and keep us posted on what you do.

So you'll give that thing up to make a buck!!!

$2500 is not too bad. I think my local dealer is selling new 2008's for $2999, but it is off season.

I paid $3k for my 2009 back in May with 1500 miles and a Givi top box and Givi windsield. But here in NY used HD's just never come up for sale.

NC Scootin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »
No, not to make a buck. To get a Red one.   :)

I really like it and hoped to find a Red one but the one I bought was blue. Beautiful but I still long for the Red.

Still can't get over how well this thing rides and how much fun it is.

David in NC
JerseyBiker - "You can take the biker out of Jersey but not the Jersey out of the biker"