Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 51726 times)

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
My wife and I bought our scooters from S.o.B. in May. She has a Havana Classic and I have a PCH 150. I was tempted by both the SD200 and the RV200, but it just wasn't in the budget, unfortunately. I did take a test ride, though, and the 200 is a marvelous bike. We live on Victory in Nampa, and it is our main route into Boise and Meridian, so maybe I will see you on the road sometime. My PCH is matte black like yours, and my wife's scooter is butterscotch,so if you see us, give a big wave.
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID

8shot

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2014, 11:35:52 AM »
hi guys thought I would say hello . im paul and live in devon uk . and have just got a second hand sym xs 125k 2008 at a bargain price 120gbp it has a few problems but all in its in good condition with only 2k miles on it..   

is there a section for the sym xs or am I being blind... .  .   

regards paul

Torkijo

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »
Saying Hello,

Back on 2 wheels again after a 11 year gap (took that long to persuade my wife to let me back), had a local dealer witching to Kymco so got his last Joyride 125 for 32% off and now enjoying the 12mile commute to Warwick in Warwickshire UK each day :-)
2013 Joyride Evo 125, Warwickshire, UK.

hardtimes

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »
moderators!
     Is there a moderator in this forum? I have looked through the options, and cannot find out how to speak with a moderator. I would like to stay here, and learn, but I have a hound dog at my heels. How do I post for a moderator?

iker

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »
hi, I'm ike from Alamogordo,n.m.got a new Sym HD200EVO two days ago.I also have a 2013 Piaggio bv350. had to drive to tempe,AZ. 900 miles to get scot. Had a 2007 Kymco
people S125, now for sale. 60 miles on new 200.so far its great. loads of power and great
handing. windshield on order. its up to 52 so its time to ride. see yea,ike
2103 piaggio bv350-black
2013 sym hd200 evo-yellow

ALY-B

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2014, 05:28:01 PM »
Hello,I am another mature biker.
I have owned a number of motorbikes and scooters over the years.
I recently bought a Sym maxsym 400i cat-d write off,13 plate with 141 miles on the clock.
I stripped it down and rebuilt it using new parts,now ready to put back on the road. :D 

Stilton no cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
Hi everybody, Stilton no cheese here.
Just picked up my new maxsym 600i abs.
Covered 75 miles already and didn't feel like I had travelled at all.
Running in is tedious(not over 4000rpm for the first 500 miles).
Then not over 5000rpm till 1000 miles.
Maxxis tyres are okay so long as you let them warm up.
Running on high octane petrol and she is as smooth as silk.
Will post again when there are a few more miles under the wheels.

Capt Kirk

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2014, 08:29:37 AM »
Welcome Stilton no cheese..............That's a fine looking 600 you have. Keep us informed on how it performs and pics.

Hi everybody, Stilton no cheese here.
Just picked up my new maxsym 600i abs.
Covered 75 miles already and didn't feel like I had travelled at all.
Running in is tedious(not over 4000rpm for the first 500 miles).
Then not over 5000rpm till 1000 miles.
Maxxis tyres are okay so long as you let them warm up.
Running on high octane petrol and she is as smooth as silk.
Will post again when there are a few more miles under the wheels.

jenksy

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2014, 09:20:14 AM »
Hello everyone
My name is Kevin. From Southampton England. I ride a Sym Symply2 50cc scooter. I am s member of a uk sym forum and only started riding in September 2013. I bought my scooter for getting me to work and back a round trip of 10 miles. I used to do the journey by bicycle but was finding the up hill bits becoming harder so thought a scooter would be perfect. And what fun I'm having! My Symply has been derestricted (as I'm an old git its ok) so I am is able to use the 2 short stretches of 40mph road without causing problems for other road users (other than the fact that some people like to go over the speed limits and I do not, actually more of a problem in the 30 mph bits!). I also only ride when it's dry weather (this where you Americans say "but it always rains in the uk") and use my car if its wet, never the less I have covered 1700 kms in about 8 months! I am having fun and have been learning about doing my own servicing and maintenance as in the uk this can be fairly expensive (£70 to change my oil!) and really is not to hard to do. It's great for getting me to the Ageas Bowl as well to watch cricket ( that's the English game where they can play a match lasting 4 days and it still ends in a draw! I love it.). I'll sign off now but I enjoy reading the posts on this forum so as Arnie says "I'll be back". Stay safe on the roads now.
jenksy

Capt Kirk

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »
Welcome Kevin and thanks for your info. Know you are enjoying your Symply2. It is nice to be able to do your own maintenance. I get to know my scoot better and yes, save a ton of $$. I have watched Cricket on TV, but the only cricket I am very familiar with, is Jiminy Cricket. Well, I also have used a cricket or two for fishing.;)
I think England's weather is rather cheeky.....stay safe on the scoot and send some pics when you get a chance.

Hello everyone
My name is Kevin. From Southampton England. I ride a Sym Symply2 50cc scooter. I am s member of a uk sym forum and only started riding in September 2013. I bought my scooter for getting me to work and back a round trip of 10 miles. I used to do the journey by bicycle but was finding the up hill bits becoming harder so thought a scooter would be perfect. And what fun I'm having! My Symply has been derestricted (as I'm an old git its ok) so I am is able to use the 2 short stretches of 40mph road without causing problems for other road users (other than the fact that some people like to go over the speed limits and I do not, actually more of a problem in the 30 mph bits!). I also only ride when it's dry weather (this where you Americans say "but it always rains in the uk") and use my car if its wet, never the less I have covered 1700 kms in about 8 months! I am having fun and have been learning about doing my own servicing and maintenance as in the uk this can be fairly expensive (£70 to change my oil!) and really is not to hard to do. It's great for getting me to the Ageas Bowl as well to watch cricket ( that's the English game where they can play a match lasting 4 days and it still ends in a draw! I love it.). I'll sign off now but I enjoy reading the posts on this forum so as Arnie says "I'll be back". Stay safe on the roads now.
jenksy

Pianoman

• View Profile
    • Fórum Maxsym Portugal
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2014, 08:32:52 AM »
Hi all

I'm Pianoman from Portugal and I'm a SYM enthusiast!
I currently ride a SYM Maxsym 600i ABS (sport version) from May 2014.
I also had two other SYM machines: SYM Maxsym 400i (from July 2012) and SYM Maxsym 400i ABS (from June 2013).

So, as you guys can see, I buy a SYM Maxsym every 11 months! LOL

I'm also the administrator of "Forum Maxsym Portugal" and you're all very welcome there (in portuguese language...but you can always use Google Translate).

I also want to leave here a question: why there is no specific section for Maxsym????? Isn't that strange?

Thanks a lot and I'll post some photos soon of my bike if you want.
Daelim S3 125:Ago11->Jul12(14k) ; Maxsym 400i:Jul12->Mai13(21k) ; Maxsym 400 ABS:Jul13->Mai14(18k);
Maxsym 600 ABS:Mai14->
   Fórum Maxsym Portugal

Ricky H

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2014, 07:48:38 AM »
Hi, I'm Rick from Torbay, Devon in England. Recently bought a 2008 SYM Joyride 200 and loving every minute of it. I have been into the classic scooter scene, as well as MZ motorcycles for many years, but have liked the look of the Joyride for some time and decided to go for one as soon as one became available locally. I'm also a member of the SYM Owners UK Group and working with others to help build an active SYM scene in the UK.

superiorscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2014, 06:53:52 AM »
Hi, Im Peter from CT. I own Superior Scooter in Meriden, Ct. I just wanted to reach out to everyone and let you all know we will be a full line SYM & Lance dealership serving all of New England and New York for 2015. you can follow us on Facebook or visit our web site at www.superiorscooter.com
or www.facebook.com/superiorscooter

Markdam

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
Hi I just bought a 2009 RV 250 who is selling parts for the scooter in the USA ?
I just put the tall windshield in my cart at euro scooter or something and it was $130 shipped seems fairly reasonable other than that I just need a few odds and ends
i'm amazed at how fast the scooter is for 250

vare_1

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2016, 07:49:28 AM »
hey all im vare_1  and im the proud owner of a sym jet4 125 see you guys about.