Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 49149 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wring It
Welcome!
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »
Hello, welcome to Sym Owners Forum!

I set up this forum for owners, potential owners and people interested in SYM machines to get other enthusist's input and share information. 

symforum.com is NOT affiliated with SYM (Sanyang Industry Co) or any of it's subsities.

Please let me know if you have any ideas for the site.  I want to keep discussion as informative as possible.  No real rules, just post as if you were fact to face with everyone reading and they are much stronger than you and easy to aggrivate.  :D

See you on the forum!

Cooliorz

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
  This forum is a great idea!  I wanted to start one myself, but I never had the initiative.
   I like it a lot more than the Yahoo group.

Where is the forum owners based out of?  The U.S.?  Europe?, etc.?

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wring It
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
Hey, thanks, welcome to the forum!

I live in the USA...  Elgin, IL.

The forum is definitely open to anyone around the world though.

The Fire Drake

• -------The Fire Drake------- SYM HD200
    • View Profile
    • The Lair of The Fire Drake
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 07:36:35 PM »
New here myself and  belong to a few other forums too. I see that you're from Elgin. I live in Naperville and we should get together sometime skadamo. My ride is a highly modified HD200. Here's my website on the mods and fixes I did.  http://www.jeffs-hotsauces.com/firedrakehome.htm

Also to let you know DGY Motorsports in Downers Grove is now a SYM dealer :)

Jeff aka slowscootin07
www.jeffs-hotsauces.com/firedrakehome.htm

SYM HD200 30mm OKO CVK carb, MRP no-rev limit CDI, Bando hi-perf coil, Emgo 48mm free-flow filter, MRP GY6 Type 2 stainless steel exhaust & muffler, Full LED conversion & markers, ENM tach and 100 watt amp/speakers.
Xingyue XY150T 8 (Tank Racer DS-08)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wring It
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:29 AM »
Naperville, cool.  Been to DGY many times.  Will have to drop by to see the SYM's.

Yeah, would love to meet up, chat and check out your HD200.  Maybe this spring?  Did you get out last week with the nice weather?

Ripley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »
Hi  just wanted to introduce myself.
I picked up my red Citycom yesterday will post on it when I get some miles on the tires.
I've been riding scooters since the mid 80's. I've had an Honda Elite 150 & Yamaha Vino 50. I still have my Vino 125 but wanted more power so I could do some touring.
Elaine
Red Citycom 300
Scooterdiva.com

melodys39

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »
Welcome Elaine!

Congrats on your new scoot, and happy to have you here.   8)

I have the 2009 RV 250 in red, and I love it. I try to ride as often as I can, but sometimes the darn weather interferes with my plans. I'll be glad when the nice weather comes back!

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Wring It
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:02:36 PM »
Hi Elaine, welcome to the forum.  Saw the pic of you Citycom, awesome scooter, congratulations!

Tempus Fugit

• View Profile
    • Bluearth Scooters
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »
Hello all :)

Well done on the forum, skadamo, easy to navigate and eye-friendly. 

A few partners and myself own Bluearth Scooters, exclusively sell SYM, and are located in Northern Michigan.  We've had just a few chances to take the scoots out...lots of salt and sand needs to be washed off the roads and a rise in temps (42 today, lol) before the ride gets more comfortable.

Pleased to meetcha!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:30:03 AM by Tempus Fugit »

Blossym

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 11:29:44 PM »
I am so stoked! I will be purchasing my first scooter this weekend. An RV250 in blue (my favorite color). My husband has a 400cc burgman and I think this will be a perfect match.  I have read alot of your posts and its been very helpful. I would like to track down a large windshield with apron for my new scoot. Any ideas? I am located in Vancouver, B.C.   ;D

Puddleduck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
. I would like to track down a large windshield with apron for my new scoot. Any ideas? I am located in Vancouver, B.C.   ;D

Try Urban Wasp in Vancouver. They are affiliated with the Urban Wasp in London Ontario and I just picked up the taller windshield.

melodys39

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »
I am so stoked! I will be purchasing my first scooter this weekend. An RV250 in blue (my favorite color). My husband has a 400cc burgman and I think this will be a perfect match.  I have read alot of your posts and its been very helpful. I would like to track down a large windshield with apron for my new scoot. Any ideas? I am located in Vancouver, B.C.   ;D

Welcome to the forum. It's always nice to hear about SYM owners and their scoot.

In our local scooter club, Oregon Scooter Club/Vespa of Oregon, we have several people who ride the 400 Burgman, and one or two that ride the SYM 250. It is a good match. We just went on a ride on Friday, and it was great.

One of the Burgman owners rides with an apron, and he said it makes all the difference in the world. I'm sure that you would like one also. I don't know where he got it, but if you Google it you should be able to find several.

My RV 250 is red, and I love it. Have over 5000 miles on it from September, and I am loving every chance I get to ride. I'm sure you will too!

Blossym

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »
The Burgman & SYM are a great match, we had fun tooling around together through the winding roads and highways. Looking forward to a trip up the Sunshine Coast (BC) this weekend. I really like the Burgman but found it too heavy, the SYM is much lighter than the Burgman but has some really good pickup on the highway and love the styling.  Will post some picks soon. I will try the Vespa dealership, thanks.  ;D

phantom309

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 05:37:33 AM »
hello .i'm phantom.(andy)i'm from the uk.and i'm curruntly looking for a new scooter to replace my yamaha tmax..
as it's a bit to much for me,i keep going quicker than i should(no self control).so iv'e been looking for a 250 feet forword scoot ,as they offer more comfort over distance ride outs.just did 242 mile ride yesterday in the sun and it was awsome.but looking here in the uk and we don't have as many feet forword scoot's as in the US.and the sym gts 250i.seems to fit the bill to what i'm looking for in a scooter.

kmtscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »
Welcome Andy,

A month ago I bought a SYM RV250/GTS250. The name varies from place to place, but the scoot remains the same. After a month of ownership I have driven 1600 miles and am quite pleased with it. I have ordered the taller windshield. I am six feet tall with a 32-inch inseam, so my height is in my torso. So my head sits high and the wind over the windshield (on this and many other scooters) hits me square in the faceplate of my helmet. This creates a lot of noise. The taller windshield should correct that. About the only other criticism I have is that the rear view mirrors are too close together. That
2009 SYM RV250
1963 Karmann Ghia