Author Topic: Tall windshield for Rv300i  (Read 6838 times)

Rickaroo3d

• View Profile
    • My Truck Cam
Tall windshield for Rv300i
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »
Purchased an Isotta tall windshield from Austria and shipped to Quebec Canada. Total with Canada customs duties and taxes was $150.00. Installation was easy and am satisfied. Thanks to Erjon for giving me shipping updates.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:18:14 AM by Rickaroo3d »
SYM RV300i & SYM GTS 250

C Bowers

• View Profile
Re: Tall windshield for Rv300i
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »
Good to hear, I have ordered one for my RV 250 also, has not shipped yet. Erjon has been good to deal with. Looks great on your bike. Enjoy.

telemark1qc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:05:19 AM »
Congratulation on your new windshield. Just a quick question, how did you manage to install a topcase and at the same time keeping the backrest. My dealer told me that I had to remove the backrest in order to install my 33 liter topcase. I am also from Qc.

Rickaroo3d

• View Profile
    • My Truck Cam
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:34:49 AM »
Hi Mark. I installed the luggage base plate as far back on the rack as possible then used longer than normal bolts when installing the luggage rack to the fiberglass rack behind the seat thus allowing me to attach the original back rest. Works well for me.
SYM RV300i & SYM GTS 250

telemark1qc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
Thank rou Rickaroo,

I will keep your information in mind. I will see what I can do the only problem is that I am not a very handy person so I have to leave the pro do the work for me.

Telemark1qc

Globs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »
Purchased an Isotta tall windshield from Austria and shipped to Quebec Canada. Total with Canada customs duties and taxes was $150.00. Installation was easy and am satisfied. Thanks to Erjon for giving me shipping updates.

Nice to see it on a bike, Isotta have another order (via Austria!).
2011 Joyride/RV/Legrande 200i evo
2011 GTS/RV/Firenze 300i evo

more.isotta.screens

• Vehicle parts & Accessories from Austria
    • View Profile
    • EuroNetBike.Net
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »
Hi guys,

The screen looks very good on your bike.
Thank You for mentioning my name, it is always a pleasure for me assisting you.

I have a small request if it is possible from your part, always if you have time for it.
I would like to hear how is this screen on highway (high speed) or long ways about 1 or 2 hours riding.

Isotta Srl producer is always doing innovations every year or 2 years based on riders opinions.
So any experience good or not, please feel free to share it.

Greetings

Erjon

Rickaroo3d

• View Profile
    • My Truck Cam
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
I have driven on the hi-way at this point with the new windshield but not for a long period of time. However one thing that I took notice right away was that the windshield flexes starting at about 55miles per hour and more obviously as the wind force increases. Bends inwards so I opened up the front end again and check the tightness of the windshield fasteners. Tight enough as I didn't want to over tighten. Decided to wedge a piece of styrofoam between the inside windshield and the instrument cluster dash thus preventing any flexing. Problem solved.
SYM RV300i & SYM GTS 250

Gary505

• Ole Yeller, my Chinascoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 06:08:01 PM »
Same experience here as Rickaroo.  Shield looks nice and works great.  It flexes a lot at highway speeds without added foam support.  Little flex with the foam installed.  My guess is that without the foam, the flexing would soon lead to fatigue cracks.   With the foam, I think the shield should last a long time.

It would be nice if the shield came in different heights.  I'd like one that was about 4" shorter so I could see over the top.

Cheers,
Gary
2007 SYM RV-250 15,000 miles; 2007 250cc Chinascoot 15,000 miles; 2006 150cc Chinascoot 3,000 miles

Globs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 04:15:34 AM »
I got mine from Isotta and fitted it - works extremely well, very nice. Saved me a lot of weather and cold on the roads!!!

But yes - the flexing. This is NOT the screen. To see what it is:

1) Unclip/unscrew the shield above the lights
2) Flex the screen

You can see the entire screen mount/dash top that SYM provide is the bit that flexes. If you think back you'll remember the old screen used to flex too - far more than my other scooter.

We'll need to brace the SYM plastic part that the windscreen attaches to, probably to the curved frame metal left over from the single headlight front end (SYM didn't change the frame - just the plastic).
2011 Joyride/RV/Legrande 200i evo
2011 GTS/RV/Firenze 300i evo

more.isotta.screens

• Vehicle parts & Accessories from Austria
    • View Profile
    • EuroNetBike.Net
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »
Hi guys,

English manual available.

Fitting Instructions 2 (English)
http://www.euronetbike.net/graphics/isotta/added_desc/SC3607.pdf

Fitting Instructions 3 (English HTML version), there is a zoom option on the left upper corner.
http://www.isotta.euronetbike.net/SC3607/

Any suggestions are welcome.

Greetings