Author Topic: Joyride 125 Evo Grips  (Read 34 times)

GetShrag3D

• View Profile
Joyride 125 Evo Grips
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:19:22 AM »
Hey everyone, i bought grips and Grips plug caps i think they're called. (the weights at the end of the grip) the grips itself dont fully match as you will see in the photos and same for the plug caps. Can anyone help me find grips and plug caps/weights that will fit my joyride evo 125 (2014)  prefer red/gray. Thanks alot.

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Joyride 125 Evo Grips
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »
Pretty sure that'd be a standard sized bar (7/8) so there's a bunch on ebay, amazon, and elsewhere in various forms, caps, spikes..heck you can get mirrors too if you.  Those are all generally aluminum so don't do much to dampen vibrations, but they keep the dust out and look shiny.

If you do want to dampen vibrations then there are a few different outfits that produce real bar end weights that will kill the vibrations some.
http://www.hvmp.com/ is a company that's pretty serious about that.
Please note that despite claims otherwise these kill vibrations with weight so the ones that work will have some heft, & if ya get the extra heavy ones you'll notice some difference in steering on a light bike like that.

All of the above options use a simple system where you have a screw and nut that goes through a chunk of rubber. When loose you slide it into the bar, when you tighten it the rubber compresses and wedges itself inside the bar.  Works fine, I've done thousands of miles on my burgman with that system in place.

If you prefer the look of the ebay ones but still want to kill vibes and you don't have wiring running inside your bars some folks have pounded rolled up lead sheets into the bars themselves.

Hope that's helpful.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:06:26 PM by Tromper »
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650