Author Topic: 2018 SYM scooters  (Read 191 times)

david23

• View Profile
2018 SYM scooters
« on: November 26, 2017, 03:37:21 PM »
Hey you girls and guys, I wanted to ask you something I may have asked this question already, but I don't remember Do you know if SYM is coming out with the HD200 for 2018, because to my knowledge, they skipped the 2017 model year, at least here in California where I live I would also like to know about all the models across the board, such as the Citycom 300, the Fiddle III and so on, so if someone knows, can you please let me know I've heard from a local dealer that they are having problems with passing emissions: that seems to be the issue for a lot of motorcycle manufacturers, so please let me know Thanks and have a good one

LAVOYERMNSTPAUL

• View Profile
Re: 2018 SYM scooters
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 04:51:29 PM »
https://www.alliancepowersports.com/models/citycomS.html    2018 MODEL LINE UP                             if you want to learn more about certain models check    AU Australia     CA Canada   SYM.CU     SYM.AU  and look up sym  China   When you look the models up and you can find out the same model with the same specs are or have two different names and are the same scooter.

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »
Alliance's site still has the 2016 model listed. That could be on Alliance.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:16:10 PM »
I dropped 'em a line regarding that a while back, got their normal, pretty rude actually, total lack of response.

Perhaps if SYM had more of a presence in the U.S. they'd be better about updating such things, or responding to questions, but I don't anticipate either their level of response or presence changing much for the foreseeable future.  Both items, sad, but true.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 08:25:21 AM »
Talked to my SYM dealer maybe 2 weeks ago and they said they are still trying to sell 16 HD200s and 16 RV200 EVOS.
I really liked the Citycom 300 and for 17 they are sold out and for 18 SYM only has black to sell you.

Mike @ Lance Powersports

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 03:33:40 PM »
Hey Tromper, We are proud of our customer service, if someone was rude I apologize. You can Always email me direct for a fast response to most anything SYM related. mike@alliancepowersports.com.  Our facebook https://www.facebook.com/lancepowersports  is one way to get accurate and fast info on us, this forum on occasion wears me out but I do come on from time to time to hopefully keep everyone up to date. We have worked tirelessly on our USA  presence with video's, trade shows, extensive dealer visits, etc. , please don't forget the MASSIVE mess Carter Bros left for us to mop up. For David23 The 2018 Citycom is on our website and every color right this minute is available. The 2018  HD 200 does not look like it will make it to the USA, we will see what the future brings.

https://www.alliancepowersports.com/models/citycomS.html

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 12:00:20 AM »
....I do come on from time to time to hopefully keep everyone up to date. We have worked tirelessly on our USA  presence with video's, trade shows, extensive dealer visits, etc. , please don't forget the MASSIVE mess Carter Bros left for us to mop up....
https://www.alliancepowersports.com/models/citycomS.html
Thanks for doing all you can to update us on the forum here. We do appreciate all your hard work in keeping the SYM brand in good standing with everyone. It has to be a tireless, sometimes unappreciated, job to overcome the whole Carter Bros fiasco, and we want you to know that your openness to direct communication with the consumer is to be commended. Please keep up the good work!
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 12:51:39 AM »
Thanks for the response Mike.  I have no doubt keeping up is fun, not to mention cleaning up after Carter Bro's. 
Though you have to admit that nobody since has taken the term "Fire Sale" quite as literally as they did. :o ::).
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650