Author Topic: Parts/Accessories from Scooterseals - Worth it?  (Read 388 times)

c3powil

• View Profile
Parts/Accessories from Scooterseals - Worth it?
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:12:44 AM »
I was thinking of buying the seat, rear rack, and 17t front sprocket from Scooterseals, considering how cheap they are. But I was unaware of the high shipping charges. It adds another 1/3 to the price of the order. I guess I'm spoiled by "free" shipping from Amazon, RevZilla, and many other websites for years now.

So, those of you who have purchased parts and accessories from Scooterseals, is it worth it?

The stock seat is quite hard, and I've heard the replacement is much softer. It also looks a lot better. The rear rack is something I would get a good amount of use from, as well as the 17t front sprocket.

I was also considering the pipe, because I like the look and weight savings, but shipping on it nearly doubles the price.  :-[

So tell me your experiences between your stock wolf and your upgraded wolf, so I can decided if I want to take the plunge.

ktran

• View Profile
    • Suspended Seconds
Re: Parts/Accessories from Scooterseals - Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:15:37 AM »
I was thinking of buying the seat, rear rack, and 17t front sprocket from Scooterseals, considering how cheap they are. But I was unaware of the high shipping charges. It adds another 1/3 to the price of the order. I guess I'm spoiled by "free" shipping from Amazon, RevZilla, and many other websites for years now.

So, those of you who have purchased parts and accessories from Scooterseals, is it worth it?

The stock seat is quite hard, and I've heard the replacement is much softer. It also looks a lot better. The rear rack is something I would get a good amount of use from, as well as the 17t front sprocket.

I was also considering the pipe, because I like the look and weight savings, but shipping on it nearly doubles the price.  :-[

So tell me your experiences between your stock wolf and your upgraded wolf, so I can decided if I want to take the plunge.

I don't think you're going to find a bad review of Cam's service anywhere on this forum.

It costs money to ship things halfway around the world, between borders. I live in Canada, and even though I am near the border of 2 different US states, shipping from RevZilla or any US retailer is significant.  Heck, if you lived anywhere in the US *not* in the lower 48 contiguous states, shipping will be significant.

I have the seat, rack, flyscreen, and 17t front sprocket from Scooterseals. Of those, I consider the seat and rack to be essential if you want to ride your bike for any extended length of time, and carry anything useful on it. The 17T front and flyscreen are nice-to-haves.

c3powil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:21:36 AM »
Thank you, ktran. I figured as much.

Could you elaborate more on your experience with the fly screen? Does it help that much with wind? I may as well bundle as many things as I can if I do end up making a purchase. I had my eye on it anyway.

Papa Bear

• Near the Motor City
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
I've purchased most of my stuff from Cam (saddle bags, oil filter screen, dip-stick, front/rear brakes etc)
Except for the bags everything was OEM parts .... and his shipping charge to Canada is not out of line.
Get your motor runnin' .. get out on the highway.

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/

hardazz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:11 PM »
I purchased a couple of items from Cam and they are great quality.  The seat rack is super sturdy.  Shipping is fast compared to some of the ebay options and costs are similar. 

I purchased my 17t sprocket from PBI.  http://www.pbisprockets.com/ Seems a high quality product and based on the west coast.  Good luck and have fun.

_codybarker_

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »
I purchased a couple of items from Cam and they are great quality.  The seat rack is super sturdy.  Shipping is fast compared to some of the ebay options and costs are similar. 
http://www.pbisprockets.com/ Seems a high quality product and based on the west coast.  Good luck and have fun.

I purchased my 17t sprocket from PBI as well as they're located just a town over from where I used to live in Portland, OR. High quality part, good customer service, fast shipping.

ktran

• View Profile
    • Suspended Seconds
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »
The flyscreen isn't a full windshield, so it's not going to give the same level of wind deflection, but it does keep the wind off your chest. The bug splatter, for instance, is on the tops of my shoulders and up now.

c3powil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »
Interesting. I like the looks of it, but I wonder what other options are out there.

ktran

• View Profile
    • Suspended Seconds
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 08:10:46 AM »
Interesting. I like the looks of it, but I wonder what other options are out there.

Smaller shields/flyscreens look good, but don't deflect as much wind. Larger windshields may look dorky, especially on a smaller bike. That's all there is to it. The good thing about the scooterseals screen is that it bolts on pretty much directly, without any mods.

c3powil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 01:54:22 PM »
Smaller shields/flyscreens look good, but don't deflect as much wind. Larger windshields may look dorky, especially on a smaller bike. That's all there is to it. The good thing about the scooterseals screen is that it bolts on pretty much directly, without any mods.

That makes a lot of sense.

ChairmanMaose

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 03:53:46 PM »
Has anyone bough the stainless steel exhaust cover for the pea shooter exhaust? If so, what did it cost? For those unfamiliar it's a exact copy of the plastic one on you bike but stainless.

campurvis

• www.scooterseals.com
    • View Profile
    • www.scooterseals.com
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 07:09:52 PM »
Sorry, I don't sell those  anymore. They were beautiful, but pricey, hand-made, stainless steel units.  I made just about zip on them but they were really nice.  The cost rose though so I discontinued them.  I thought about getting chrome-plated ones made out of mild steel, but to keep pricing in line I would have to get a huge batch made and the current market is simply far too small. The Math doesn't work.  If and when that changes i will revisit the issue.
Hsinchu City, Taiwan

ChairmanMaose

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »
Thanks cam. Hand made? Odd that someone would bother for an economy oriented bike? Oh well.

BeebBobE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 01:42:33 PM »
never had to purchase but, wouldn't feel any qualms about purchasing
Ride like a Klingon....