Author Topic: I was trying to find all of the SYM dealers in the USA. . .  (Read 201 times)

julius

• View Profile
I was trying to find all of the SYM dealers in the USA. . .
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:06:12 AM »
but the Alliance site would only show me local dealers based on my zip code.  Anybody know the answer?  I would also like to know if SYM's dealer base and customer base are growing or shrinking.  Based on participation in this forum I'd say it's shrinking.  If it is indeed shrinking, why isn't Sym putting forth more of a marketing effort?  It seems that scooters are getting more popular.

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: I was trying to find all of the SYM dealers in the USA. . .
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:53:20 AM »
Pretty much the same as it's been in Seattle for some time.
I don't see them really promoting a lot of late, but their smaller stuff and the Lance stuff seems to be moving OK.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »
Our local scooter dealer sells SYM and Lance and Buddy, and they are doing very well here - the market is growing in the Boise area. I suspect that since the US market is such a small portion of their worldwide business, they (SYM) just put in only enough effort in marketing to squeeze by. It's a shame, too, because they have good quality scooters that are probably the best bang for the buck. It seems to be the same with Kymco and is a common complaint over on the Kymco forums.

Seems to me that if ANY scooter company put forth a decent effort in marketing scooters in North America, they could easily corner the market and make a killing. That company would have to be willing to stick it out and really push their products for at least 2 or 3 years because they would first have to overcome the mentality and "stigma" that scooters seem to have mistakenly acquired in this culture and convince people that they don't need a big freaking 1200cc HD that costs $20k to enjoy riding a two-wheeler. Overcoming that mentality in the average American will take time, but with a little effort, who knows....
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 06:43:12 PM »
What browsers are you using? Works as expected on Firefox or Edge on Win10.

julius

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »
Syd:  I went to Alliance Powersports.com using Windows Edge.  Alliance asked for zip code, # of miles between 5-100, and country (USA or Puerto Rico).  Can you tell me how you did it?

Mike @ Lance Powersports

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 05:42:43 PM »
Hey Julius, While most in the know are aware most two wheel brands are down this year we are happy to say our SYM built Lance bikes are up  year to date and and our  SYM  built Alliance bikes are down a bit. We are always looking for new dealers nationwide. For Marketing you should check out some of our video's , brochures, trade show visits,  TV visits on Price is Right Lets Make a Deal, Pawn Stars, Barter Kings, Silicon Valley,  Music Video's  etc. We do realize there is always room for improvement on the marketing side, I will pass your suggestions up the ladder and to our factory. Thank you.

julius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »
Mike:  Thanks for the info, but could you please answer my question about the number of dealerships and locations?  I'd like to know in the event that I go traveling on my Sym.

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:20 AM »
Syd:  I went to Alliance Powersports.com using Windows Edge.  Alliance asked for zip code, # of miles between 5-100, and country (USA or Puerto Rico).  Can you tell me how you did it?
My mistake. I obviously mis-read the question.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 06:44:43 AM »
I had a bit of luck running a google search for SYM dealers, but it didn't look comprehensive.
You try emailing Alliance with your question?  They doubtless have a complete list somewhere.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

shoupdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 08:30:55 AM »
We have a couple here in Los Angeles...Downtown, Marina Del Rey, and up in Santa Barbara where I got mine from Ooty's.  Out of all my motorcycles, Vespa's, etc...the one I'd keep out of the entire stable if I had to have just one would be my SYM.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 09:18:02 PM »
We have a couple here in Los Angeles...Downtown, Marina Del Rey, and up in Santa Barbara where I got mine from Ooty's.  Out of all my motorcycles, Vespa's, etc...the one I'd keep out of the entire stable if I had to have just one would be my SYM.
Shoupdawg, do you have any information about Ooty, the owner? He used to be very active on these forums, but was fighting cancer. Never did hear anything positive or negative about what ever happened. Let us know if you can - thanks.
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID