Author Topic: Can I replace rear tire myself on Lance cabo 125?  (Read 185 times)

orangecabo125

• View Profile
Can I replace rear tire myself on Lance cabo 125?
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
I moved from Chicago to NYC area. I am having a hard time finding someone willing to do maintenance on my Lance. There is no SYM dealer here to my knowledge. One mobile technician bluntly said, "I don't work on no-name scooters"...

My rear tire has a slow leak so I bought a new tire. Can I put it on myself? Any special tools and techniques needed?

shoupdawg

• View Profile
Re: Can I replace rear tire myself on Lance cabo 125?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34:37 AM »
I got a used Coats manual motorcycle tire changer.  And buddy got me a static wheel balancer.  And you'll need a gas station to pump up and seat the bead.  MAKE SURE YOU BALANCE THE TIRE!

If you can't do those, there are a bunch of youtube vids on how to do it yourself.  I've manually done a vespa tire in the past, but it was a bear.  Another suggestion is to just pull the wheel off.  My local moto shop here in L.A. does mount and balance for about $16 out the door.  I'm sure if you find a local moto shop, they'll do it if you pull it off.

orangecabo125

• View Profile
Re: Can I replace rear tire myself on Lance cabo 125?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:57:48 AM »
Thanks but it sounds much more involved than I hoped for . Thankfully I have found a local motorcylce repair store who is willing to do it.