Author Topic: Anyone interested in my HD?  (Read 193 times)

Homer Sympson

• View Profile
Anyone interested in my HD?
« on: August 14, 2017, 07:04:27 PM »
I'm considering selling my HD200. As it sits, it needs the new head gasket installed (I will include the part with the bike), gas tank drained, and carb cleaned. It has a new starter, very bright led headlight, new brake pads up front and new tires. Whether you'd be interested in the bike as is or after it's up and running again, let me know.

Emil

• View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in my HD?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:02:22 PM »
Hi Homer,

I might be interested. Can you post some more info? E.g. location, year, mileage, price and why it needs a new head gasket?

Thanks,
Emil

Homer Sympson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 02:16:42 PM »
It's an '06 with 22697 miles. It needs to be painted, but the plastic is in good shape. No cracks in the panels. It was running fine and the head gasket blew. I stopped right after and shut the engine down. It did crank again after I tried to restart it, so I know the motor's not seized. I'm in St. Petersburg and I'm only looking for $500.

Emil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply Homer,

Unfortunately age, mileage and distance (from MA) won't work out for me.
Also I am generally not sure anymore if I should buy this scooter. Rode it last year and it seemed to be just perfect - lightweight yet speedy enough around the city. But the discussed cooling issue plus a potentially leaking gas tank is definitely putting me off.
That said, if I lived in your neighborhood and had a few days time, I'd still give it a try.

Cheers and good luck,
E.

Homer Sympson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 10:42:07 AM »
My Aprilia needs some parts and I'm sick of looking at the SYM, so I've reduced the price to $350.