Author Topic: Helmets  (Read 110 times)

david23

• View Profile
Helmets
« on: August 13, 2017, 04:39:43 PM »
Hello you all, I wanted to post something that's very important I live in California and as some or all of you may know, it is required you wear a helmet when riding a motorbike It should be required to wear a helmet on all 50 states Why is it called United States of America if all the states aren't united on some of their laws, rules, regulations, etc....It's BS that each state, and even within states each county and city seem to have different rules, laws, whatever People are so arrogant in other states, especially cruiser riders, who don't choose to wear helmets, only wearing sunglasses, bandanas on their heads and other crap that doesn't protect their head If you go down and hit your head, you're if for a real f------up day as Cyclecruza would say I'd like to start a campaign so everyone is required to wear a helmet Even people riding bicycles, skateboards and the like I just feel really strongly about this and if really pisses me off when people are so stubborn and don't want to be told what to do Use your common sense everyone Later

scosgt

• View Profile
Re: Helmets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 07:21:01 PM »
It is called States Rights.
You need to take some history lessons
BTW I agree with you about riding a PTW without a helmet.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »
I'm with ya on helmets in general, but I'm a bit more darwinian in regard to making laws.
I think MN has a decent take on that with under 18 being required to wear helmets, 18+ being on their own.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

david23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »
Hi, this is david23, I'm aware of that and the history I've learned throughout the years I'm trying to make a point that that's ridiculous because these States aren't truly united because they all have different laws and regulations It's one country so we should all have the same laws regardless It would be just and true for everyone involved It's totally stupid to have different guidelines for each state, just a bunch of fricking bureaucracy People would be less confused when visiting another state That's all I've got for you, goodbye

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 09:53:06 PM »
What fun would that be?