Author Topic: Manual Petcock  (Read 95 times)

Bikeman

• View Profile
Manual Petcock
« on: August 12, 2017, 05:08:19 PM »
I read and followed Papa Bear's http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=12560.0 post on replacing the original petcock. I thought a new post would make this topic easier to find. I purchased the same unit and finally installed it today. This info is additional to Papa Bear's, so you may want to check out his post also.

I shortened the "On" tube by 1". This allowed for a more reasonable reserve volume......well sort of! When switching to reserve it only had about 1 pint (16oz). Then I leaned the bike over on the left footpeg, and back up. This allowed for a total reserve of 1 1/2 quarts (48oz). One more lean over got me to 1/2 gallon. Further leaning over accomplished nothing....it was now out of gas. SO, with this mod, the reserve was good for 1/2 gallon.....but it has to be leaned over twice to get to this.

Another mod was to shorten the screws by 1/8". This was required as the new petcock flange was thinner, and the screws were bottoming out. Otherwise I had a leak.
2015 Sym Wolf Classic 150 Green, 2012 SYM Wolf Classic 150 White & Red, Honda ST1300, Suzuki DRZ400SM, KTM 450EXCR, Yamaha WR450, etc!

"They don't pay me enough to ride that thing" - King Kenny

BeebBobE

• View Profile
Re: Manual Petcock
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 03:02:36 PM »
works same way on the yammy 175 enduro the length effects how much ya have left to run on, pretty simple deal and real reliable!
Ride like a Klingon....