Author Topic: Air Filter Source - Racingplanetusa.com  (Read 195 times)

Tromper

• View Profile
Air Filter Source - Racingplanetusa.com
« on: July 26, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »
There are a couple different air filters for the HD.
The OEM one which is $30-$60 from what I've seen, & I haven't seen $30 for a while.
The expensive reusable cloth one for ~$70ish or a bit more these days.
The HiFlo aftermarket one That I've bought off ebay from the UK, usually ~$20 including shipping.
Really kinda marginal choices since that's the kinda thing it's good to have a spare or two around.
Yup you can make your own once ya have the frame if that's your bent, but I have not.

What I did find was racingplanetusa has what I assume is the HiFlos (they're in a plain white box, haven't looked too close yet) for ~$10@ and charges ya ~$10 shipping for the order so if you're ordering a few you come out OK..
The shipping's a bit slow since they seem to do a batch to their U.S. center from Europe once a week or so in order to keep their shipping cost down.

Either way, at first glance they seem to be the real deal so if ya need one or two and have a friend that does as well buddy up & order a batch.

Cheers
Tromper
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Air Filter Source - Racingplanetusa.com
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »
There are a couple different air filters for the HD.
The OEM one which is $30-$60 from what I've seen, & I haven't seen $30 for a while.
The expensive reusable cloth one for ~$70ish or a bit more these days.
The HiFlo aftermarket one That I've bought off ebay from the UK, usually ~$20 including shipping.
Really kinda marginal choices since that's the kinda thing it's good to have a spare or two around.
Yup you can make your own once ya have the frame if that's your bent, but I have not.

What I did find was racingplanetusa has what I assume is the HiFlos (they're in a plain white box, haven't looked too close yet) for ~$10@ and charges ya ~$10 shipping for the order so if you're ordering a few you come out OK..
The shipping's a bit slow since they seem to do a batch to their U.S. center from Europe once a week or so in order to keep their shipping cost down.

Either way, at first glance they seem to be the real deal so if ya need one or two and have a friend that does as well buddy up & order a batch.

Cheers
Tromper
Nice catch!

Homer Sympson

• View Profile
Re: Air Filter Source - Racingplanetusa.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 05:52:21 PM »
Good info.