Author Topic: Scooters  (Read 541 times)

david23

• View Profile
Scooters
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:16:58 PM »
Hey you all, how is it going? It's been a while since I've written something down on this electronic forum I wanted to express my views on scooters in general It seems like anything else in life, you ask 20 different people, you get 20 different answers There are the Vespa lovers, the Lambretta lovers and other European scooters such as the Peugeot which I believe they don't import to America anymore Then there are the Japanese scooter lovers My point is that each one of these people from what I can tell believes their brand of scooter is the best in all respects I can relate to that because I think my 2015 SYM HD 200 is the best because it is a miracle workhorse, but by reading other comments from other people on this forum, that's not the case

You know what they should do, and if they do this they would sell scooters like there was no tomorrow, not like hotcakes because if it was like hotcakes everyone would sell them and become rich What they should do is make scooters that look like mini Harley  Davidson's in every aspect and every dimension and not have that space or gap in the middle, so it would really look like a small motorcycle, only it would have the mechanics of a scooter, belt drive, automatic and the like, well that's it for now
Have a good one
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:53:28 PM by david23 »

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Scooters
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 12:46:43 PM »
Been done by a couple Chinese outfits a few times.
Quality kinda here & there on those.

Really if you want a small bike like that there are more than a few decent ones out there. 
Sure you have to shift, but with a light clutch that's not a huge thing.
Not a huge fan of the new Rebels aesthetically, but the old ones pretty much fit the bill on that.  Yamaha makes one as well that's pretty sharp, then going more Euro standard you have the TU250x.

08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Homer Sympson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:55:57 PM »
I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy something like that. I feel that would be a "me too", bike for wanna-bes. I'm not saying you fit that bill, but there are all kinds of people who want the cache` of being a motorcyclist, but want it easy, and aren't interested in a scooter because to them, it doesn't "look cool."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:58:16 PM by Homer Sympson »

david23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 02:20:27 PM »
This is david23, there are a lot of things in life that people already have or already are, and just because another person wants the same thing or the same kind of thing, doesn't make it "negative" like I wanna be like you or I'm trying to copy your coolness It seems we can't get away from any kind of criticism or derogatory comment from another human being Sometimes we like what we like regardless how it may seem to others and in my responding this way, I might be looked at as sensitive to you all, but whatever, I know that scooters that look like classis motorcycles would sell tremendously well, especially if they're reliable and durable and make by a reputable company, thanks for your time and have a good one

Homer Sympson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »
  David23, when I wrote, "I'm not saying you fit that bill" was meant to tell you that you weren't being picked on, so please don't take it that way. Obviously everyone has different tastes in bikes and everyone has a different view of what's "cool". When I first started riding, my first ride was a Honda Spree! Not exactly the most butch ride ever made. At the time, I had a co-worker who rode nothing but Ducatis. I expected him to give me shit for my scoot, but instead he liked that I was learning to ride. He told me something that I'll never forget, " It's not what you ride, it's that you ride." I have taken that to heart.
  What I was saying in my previous post is that I've met numerous people over the years who think that "motorcycles" are dangerous but "scooters" are cute little toys and so must be less dangerous. They can't bring themselves to ride a "scooter" because of their precious image, but are too scared to own a "motorcycle". The people are obviously just posers, and dangerously stupid to boot, and I think they would be attracted to such a bike as you described. Again, for reason different than yours, however. I hope that clears that up for you.

david23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 02:01:27 PM »
Got it Mr Sympson, I didn't mean to come off to be so offended and butt hurt as they say these days I do believe that just riding, even if it's a bicycle is a great joy I myself also own a 2015 Suzuki Boulevard M109R and plan to get a 2017 Yamaha Bolt rspec I prefer the cruiser look and style as opposed to the sport bikes that are available I don't do wheelies, don't do crazy speeds on the highways I think you can still have tons of fun even if you obey the law and stay safe Thanks for your comment Mr Sympson and have a good one Hopefully people will realize that motorbikes aren't dangerous, it's the people that control them

redridinghood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
Motorcycles and not scooters, but what the heck.. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWCIS8Jees

david23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 03:06:22 PM »
I wanted to reply to Sympson, I don't know why fricking Homer Simpson is so popular They are a stupid cartoon that's been around for over 30 years and it goes to show what bullshit taste a lot of people have on different things The Flintstones are a much better cartoon They are more entertaining, funnier, not gross, stupid, mindless and pathetic and so many other adjectives Later and have a groovy day

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 08:53:16 PM »
All manufacturers should build based on quality, not price. There could still be 'better quality' scoots around, but at least they would all be reliable.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »
All manufacturers should build based on quality, not price. There could still be 'better quality' scoots around, but at least they would all be reliable.

Problem is too often folks don't do their homework and buy on initial price vs. cost of ownership.
Of course you can make all but the worst chinascoots work properly if you have the skillset, dedication and time; however the person in the U.S. who just bought the $1500 taotao vs. the $3k SYM is not likely to have that combination, instead they get frustrated and give it up cuz the thing won't run right, & the shop wants $$ to get it going. 
There are exceptions of course, & there are some dealers of the cheap scoots who do 'em right, but funny thing..they cost more than those who don't as well, so miss the entry level sales too.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650