Author Topic: Parking in Downtown Minneapolis  (Read 223 times)

cheryl r mpls

• View Profile
Parking in Downtown Minneapolis
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
Hello out there any Mpls riders - so I want to park on the sidewalk downtown, out of the way like other scooters do but wondering about problems having motorcycle on the license plate instead of moped - anyone out there with the Sym 110cc doing the same? Any problem?

Many thanks in advance for your insight on this!
C
cheryl r mpls

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Parking in Downtown Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:04:34 AM »
http://www.twincitiesrider.com/mopedparking012.htm
Dave H of Justgottascoot.com notes that even the true moped parking is a bit hazy.
Way back inna day (over 20 years ago) I was able to park my Jawa anywhere, no issues.  That was a real moped, & maybe since it was black and bicycle shaped cops just didn't register on it.
It's possible they'd ignore ya, maybe cruise a bit and see if anybody else is doing it.
Beyond that, I'd check around with some of the regional forums to see how things work these days.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

TrimSlim

• View Profile
Re: Parking in Downtown Minneapolis
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 07:28:42 PM »
I live in Minneapolis and park my Fiddle II 125 on the sidewalk throughout the Twin Cities.  While not technically legal, it is tolerated.  Downtown at the government center and adjacent high rises you will see everything from 49cc to large frame 250cc Vespas parked on the sidewalk daily.  You should be fine with the Symba, just be sure to do it in a manner that does not hinder sidewalk traffic.