Author Topic: Wolf popping out of gear  (Read 124 times)

Greyrider

• View Profile
Wolf popping out of gear
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:04:44 AM »
Noticed recently that while upshifting my bike would seem to pop out of gear,  with a resulting high rev and loss of acceleration- which could be hazardous.  I thought well maybe its my shifting technique OR maybe my shifter lever was loose.
Turns out my lever WAS a bit loose, so I  tightened it up. No probs now. Bike has 5500 miles on it, runs like a champ.

ktran

• View Profile
    • Suspended Seconds
Re: Wolf popping out of gear
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 08:46:40 PM »
Noticed recently that while upshifting my bike would seem to pop out of gear,  with a resulting high rev and loss of acceleration- which could be hazardous.  I thought well maybe its my shifting technique OR maybe my shifter lever was loose.
Turns out my lever WAS a bit loose, so I  tightened it up. No probs now. Bike has 5500 miles on it, runs like a champ.

Good stuff. Clutch free play is so very important, but a lot of people (and sadly SYM Wolf dealers) neglect it, it seems.

Greyrider

• View Profile
Re: Wolf popping out of gear
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 04:05:26 PM »
Actually, it was my foot shift lever that was a bit loose. It isnt now! As we all know- ya gotta shift the Wolf a lot! I would rather shift less often, thus my interest in the new Genuine G400C....