Author Topic: FED UP >:(  (Read 456 times)

Retro Moto

• View Profile
Re: FED UP >:(
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »
Rashad-

I read through this thread and  admire your tenacity. I would have towed the bike or rented a small truck/van and taken it to the shop, but consider the education and experience you're getting! Any issues down the road and you'll be able handle yourself without spending a ton of money. Keep us posted on your progress.
2015 Symba

Rhashad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 01:29:55 PM »
@Retro Moto Thanks for the words of encouragement! I would have had it towed, but the ride that was going to tow my bike to South Carolina didn't come through. Also, the local mechanics in my area are either over priced or shady based on their reviews online. I feel like fate is forcing me to learn how to do this for myself, so I am. I really do miss riding my bike! I aim to have my bike up and running again by Friday! As of right now, I'm still waiting to go to Auto Zone and get the bolt I need that I lost when reinstalling the battery. Once I've done that, I'll give the bike another crank and see if it will start this time since I now have a new spark plug installed, fully charged batter, oil change, clean air filter, carbs cleaned (bout a month ago), and valve adjustment (bout 2 month ago). I still feel uneasy about that one wire that connects to the carburetor on the left side of the bike, it's too loose and I can't get it to stay on firmly and secure as it was before I took it apart. Any advice on that? I'll keep the forum updated on my progress though and my bike will be back on the road traveling very soon!

redridinghood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »
I would have shaken, tipped and scoured that bike with a flashlight until I found that dang bolt. 😜

It's a hose that's loose running to the carburetor...right?

Hoses can expand over time and become loose. Sometimes the hose is long enough that you can cut off the end where it's loose and it'll still reach and other times you can remove the hose, take it to the auto parts store and match the diameter to what they have there.

Pick up a hose clamp of the correct size while you're there.

Rhashad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 06:01:58 AM »
@redridinghood Oh, trust me I did! I couldn't find it at all. I didn't even hear it rattling as I shook my bike.

Yes, it's the hose that connects to the carburetor on the left side of the bike... I'll check to see if they may have the exact hose piece I need to connect from the carburetor to the gas filter too today!

redridinghood

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 11:01:53 AM »
This is 1 case where you don't need exact size...just close enough with the replacement hose. 👍

Auto parts stores sell hose by the foot, buy what you need and cut to length to fit

Compare the inner diameter (the size of the opening of the hose) and if the new hose has a thicker wall (larger outer diameter) you may need to pick up a few hose clamps along with it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:09:34 AM by redridinghood »

Rhashad

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 06:30:53 PM »
@redridinghood @Retro Moto Thanks for the continuous encouragement!

Good News: Got another nut from the auto store and installed battery. Car now at least cranks, but stalls, found out my gas filter was connected in the wrong hole of the carburetor, thus the awkward fit, re-changed my carburetor again and found that there was red sealant that leaked inside the carburetor from when I applied a little around the rim of the carburetor along with the black ring that goes on the inside for extra sealant. Cleaned out the carburetor good again and reconnected everything.

Bad News:.... After reconnecting everything and all that I've done bike still will not act right, cranks up, but cuts off immediately after I let go of the electric starter. Also, since I switched up the hose to the right section of the carburetor, the part that was loose fits perfect now into the carburetor, but now the other piece is kind loose in it's right place lol. I think I just need a new clamp and that should work.... Sigh, at this point if anyone really wants to help it'd be best to point me in the direction of the best mechanic that could work on my Symba110 here in Georgia, somewhere near, in or around Atlanta. Thanks again all, I think I might have to throw in the towel with this. Too much time past and I'm EXHAUSTED! :O