Author Topic: What other scooter would you recommend?  (Read 258 times)

CynCyn

• View Profile
What other scooter would you recommend?
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:50:00 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love Frankie. She's fun and exciting to ride and I love her look. However...
1) I don't feel like getting a motorcycle license or whatever it's called. Endorsement?
2) I think it would be more cost effective and convenient for me to own a 50/49cc scooter instead that I can park on sidewalks.
3) I primarily wanted to use a scooter to drive to work and the gym. All are within about a 5 mile radius of me. I don't need tons of vroom vroom.
4) When the assholes stole her, they cut off my front basket. Now I have NO STORAGE and am uninterested in replacing the front rack and basket due to reasons #1-3.

That said, I'd love to hear from the rest of you what 50cc scoots you'd recommend. I am... shallow... so I want something "cute." I really do love the retro look. I also want native storage and low maintenance since I am NOT HANDY AT ALL.

So far, I've considered the Kymco People (I like that it has the larger wheels like the Symba), Honda Metro (but I hear that it's a little sluggish), and Lance Havana Classic 50 (love that it is actually a SYM).

HelloPitty

• View Profile
Re: What other scooter would you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:28:06 AM »
I'm not sure if they're still making them, but I've read good things about the Genuine Buddy.
2015 SYM Symba * 1981 Honda C70
1982 Honda CT110 * 2006 Vespa LX150
2008 Vespa GTS250 * 02/09 Honda Metropolitans

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:38:31 PM »
I'm not sure if they're still making them, but I've read good things about the Genuine Buddy.
If you have a Genuine dealer near you a Buddy 50 (or a Roughhouse) would be a good choice.  Unrestricted people have reported 45+mph, pretty good for a 50. It's 2T too.

CynCyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:57:39 PM »
I do have a genuine buddy dealer close by. Same place I get Frankie tuned up and stuff. They also sell Lance.

is 2 stroke much better than 4 stroke? I tried reading something technical that discusses the differences. My take away was that 4 stroke is more powerful, more vroom vroom, but also more high maintenance.

jduncan740

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 08:01:33 AM »
The Buddy is a good reliable scooter and the Roughhouse is fast and decent for roads and minor trails.  Can't go wrong with either.  Best warranty in the business.  Of course if you have the money the Vespa LX50's are sweet.  Great ride, room for 2 comfortably, does 40, and last forever.  There are also a lot of Zuma fans out there too.  Just have to check them out and see which one feels right for you.