Author Topic: Kick start pedal doesn't crank on RV200 EVO  (Read 182 times)

genuks

• View Profile
Kick start pedal doesn't crank on RV200 EVO
« on: March 23, 2017, 01:47:53 PM »
Hello people!
I am sorry to peddling here but first of all I found this cathegory is most closed to my exact model which is RV200EVO. Please correct me on that if I am wrong.
My concern is in a kick start pedal. However my bike is still to be covered with a warranty, I'd rather to shun off be visiting the dealership's store (Scooter Dynasty, LA) because of inconsitency and a ripoff. I believe you'll understand it when the mechanic is tended to turn your bike into his everlasting milking money machine...
So back to the jugular of a prob. The damned pedal doesn't make any cranking or clutching sound whatsoever, however the mechanical end appears to be okay. For it ratchets to and fro as normal. I am feeling vague in regards to whether its properly attached to the ingnition system. Is this a solenoid to be concerned with or something else.
Please if you feel my request is reasonable make sure to give me a hint on what to inspect for in the case.
But thank you all in advance! God bless, 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:55:08 PM by genuks »

Syd

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kick start pedal doesn't crank on RV200 EVO
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:14:24 PM »
In general, kickstarters are a purely mechanical device. Is your scoot having troubles starting, or do you just want to make sure it works? Either way, troubleshooting would require removal of the variator cover, then checking that the gear on the kickstarter pedal would line up with a gear on (probably) the driven half of the variator.

genuks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »
Hello and thank you for reponse,
'In general, kickstarters are a purely mechanical device.'
- I am well aware of how its designed, still from my previous model.
- It usually starts without a hassle. My concern has been arisen while I've experienced a battery failure just out of blue on a brand new equipment in only near a month I've taken it out from the dealer's shop. For my dealer obviously got undermined my RV200EVO with a couple of traps which should provide him with an opportunity to bypass a waranty and rip me off for an unpredicted repair. So the kick start is one of a such traps. For the damned thing doesn't make any single hint on cranking in the engine... No sound. I know how the workable kick starter responds, it still would crank on at least try to.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:32:27 PM by genuks »

AMAC1680

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 03:54:37 AM »
Kick starters on scooters are a strange bird. Really not built for regular use. The HD200, same motor, no kickstart. Odd.

As far as "traps" set by your dealer. Please tell more as my SYMs have never had any issues.

AMAC

genuks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »
Kick starters on scooters are a strange bird. Really not built for regular use. The HD200, same motor, no kickstart. Odd.

As far as "traps" set by your dealer. Please tell more as my SYMs have never had any issues.

AMAC
Well first of all glad to hear you haven't had experienced any bad trips with your eqipment. Proly its a lucky draw. To me the whole thing is looking fragile as far as am I using it and especially on a freeway pass. So I am about to trade it in for the real American equipment at last. Now as for the 'traps' set up here comes the list:
- kickstarter won't start;
- battery was worn out a bit dated of 2009 m.d; (my dealer Scooter Dynasty of LA just refused to cover up my guarnatee with brazen face saying there is only 1 month for the replacement while its still 6 of them).
- coolant hasn't been added just out from the workshop;
- break fluid has only a half of a tank on a front break.
- spark plug is looking worn and dated;
- checking the fairings they'll come unscrewed this is at least but still.
Please consider sometimes the bolts are of repugnant quality made of soft metal you can't deal with it another way then screw the head off and drill it away with the special tools.
Definitely I won't find out anymore of them, especially by refusing the Alliance powersports to import in some powerful models as 500i so rest assured Indian or Harley Davidson is my choice.