Author Topic: brake pads  (Read 203 times)

julius

• View Profile
brake pads
« on: May 28, 2017, 08:35:45 PM »
I just bought EBC brake pads FA305R for my HD200.  They are supposed to be sintered pads.  First of all, did I buy the right pads? I also noticed there are no wear indicators on these pads.  Anybody know why?
Thanks.

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: brake pads
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:32:46 AM »
I just bought EBC brake pads FA305R for my HD200.  They are supposed to be sintered pads.  First of all, did I buy the right pads? I also noticed there are no wear indicators on these pads.  Anybody know why?
Thanks.
Yup right pads.

Wear indicators, not sure why not except maybe structural integrity on a small pad.  They may well have a piece of copper wire stick in the bottom that'll cause godawful squealing when you it it, & should change the pad (you'll hit it before you hit the bottom of the pad).
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

scosgt

• View Profile
Re: brake pads
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 06:46:58 AM »
Thanks.

Yes, those are the good ones. You don't really need wear indicators, you can just look at them and see how thin they are.

BUT, they will wear out the rotor much faster than standard pads. The safety is worth it, to me. New rotors are not that expensive and not hard to find. I have three new spares on hand and in my area I go through pads in 1500 miles. If you are more rural you may get much more out of them.