Author Topic: Shifting  (Read 168 times)

Jim C

• View Profile
Shifting
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:30:45 AM »
I there, I am a new owner of a 2012 Symba. This bike has 1400 miles on it and is very clean and looks new. I have only put about 25 miles on it sense purchase. I am really having trouble making successful shifts on this thing. Neutral is hard to find and takes a mighty push to find. The other shifts are noisy and seem clunky to me. I use my toe for both up and down shifting as I can't seem to find the heel shift pad. I think the problem is me and not the clutch transmission. Any help or comments are welcome

LisaRae

• View Profile
Re: Shifting
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »
Hi Jim,

I had never driven a motorbike before I got my Symba in 2010, and found shifting pretty tricky/darned near impossible. Part of the difficulty is that shifting is dependent upon the size/shape of your foot - I have a relatively short foot, and a very high instep.  The shift-lever is adjustable/movable - and, then move it (i.e. the front toe-part) down 1 or 2 clicks...and give that a try. Someone with a larger/longer foot might need to move the lever BACK 1 or 2 clicks. It made a huge difference for me.

I'm pretty sure you'll find additional answers by searching the SYMBA site...

LisaRae

Jim C

• View Profile
Re: Shifting
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »
I have put a couple of hundred miles on Symba so far and I am getting better at shifting it. It remains a noisy shift. It is positive I have never missed a shift and have had some really good ones.
I did do some setting up of this bike and got everything adjusted to fit me. 'll
The bike is a conversation starter and everyone seem to like it and wants to talk about it.
But alas if there is a weak spot with this thing it is the shifting. I was cautioned about the 2 to 1 downshift and never had trouble with that mine is the shifting is just too loud.