Author Topic: Symba Battery  (Read 1167 times)

Rhashad

• View Profile
Re: Symba Battery
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
I will invest in one and thanks! What brand do you use if you don't mind me asking? Also, as far as removing anything else, I think I'm going to just wait on that lol. I've tried experimenting with fixing my bike enough, I'll just leave that alone right now. If and/or when I do go to a dealer to get the problem fix, I might just record them while they're fixing my bike so I'll know what to do myself next time lol. I'm sure the one I called about tuning up my bike in South Carolina wouldn't mind that.

petemoss

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »
These days, brand name is not so important. As long as it can measure both AC/DC voltage and Resistance ( aka OHMS ). A decent one can be purchased for $20 and up. For electronics you would want a more expensive one for measuring resistance, but for general purpose any brand will do.
Practice with it and get used to how it operates, all those batteries the everyone has sitting in the  kitchen drawer ( AA, C, D 9 V, 12 V Latern Batteries ), are fun to test the remaining power in each. Using the OHMS setting to check continuity on an extension cord ( Make sure it is not plugged into a power outlet), testing stereo speaker wires, you name it, once you are comfortable with it, you'll become a wizard at troubleshooting and testing electrical problems.
You will become popular, women will call you day and night because of your electrical prowess ::) , ok I digress lol, But don't be surprised if you end up helping a friend or family member with your new found skills. 8)

Just use some common sense when you are working with high voltage ( Household current, Spark Plug wires, TV Components, electric capacitors).

The motorcycle battery should test fully charged at 12.8 VDC or higher. 14 VDC would be too high and a lot of battery chargers will literally cook a battery by overcharging it. They are fine for short charge cycles. A battery maintainer is always a good investment for automotive batteries not being used all the time. Especially motorcycles can sit for days on end and the battery will slowly discharge over time.
Good luck, have fun and feel free to ask any questions.
Cheers, Peter

2015 Symba 100
2015 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
Some past rides.....
2015 Haley Lowrider
2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
2008 Moto Guzzi Norge
2011 Royal Enfield Classic 500
2012 Suzuki DL1000 V-Stom
2012 Harley Switchback converted to Trike
2006 Harley Streetglide
2014 Suzuki DR650 and much more

Rhashad

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2017, 04:38:54 AM »
LOL, I'll be getting calls day and night... Thanks for all the great advice petemoss!

petemoss

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 06:27:18 AM »
Rhashad, How are you making out with the battery issue?
2015 Symba 100
2015 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
Some past rides.....
2015 Haley Lowrider
2008 Moto Guzzi Norge
2006 Harley Streetglide

Rhashad

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 02:31:39 PM »
Still doesn't seem to work.. Not sure if it's the actual battery though or something else. I haven't bought the multi-meter yet. Something in my mind also tells me it could be the spark plugs. I've already decided though that I'm just going to take my bike to the dealership in South Carolina, and let the professionals just do an overall tune up of my bike. I don't won't to hurt my bike any further than I already have by mistake lol. This will be my first tune up I've had since I've owned my bike in 2 years. I'm really ready to get my bike fixed though so I can ride, I see so many people out riding their bikes in this beautiful weather and it makes me so eager to hop back on mines now! I'll be up and riding again soon though!

petemoss

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »
Right on. Good luck. I hope that it's an easy fix and that you'll be out riding " knees in the breeze " very soon.
2015 Symba 100
2015 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
Some past rides.....
2015 Haley Lowrider
2008 Moto Guzzi Norge
2006 Harley Streetglide

Rhashad

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
Thanks for the positive words and all the great advice Pete! Willfully my bike will be fixed soon and it won't be anything major, I don't feel it is I just need a professional to take a look at it. I'll keep everyone updated!