Author Topic: CITYCOM S 300i 2016  (Read 866 times)

LAVOYERMNSTPAUL

• View Profile
CITYCOM S 300i 2016
« on: November 07, 2016, 03:51:49 AM »
  I road it around the lakes in Menneapolis Minnesota until I had over 400 miles and got the oil changed.   I road the Citycom to Duluth Minnesota and back home in one day over 300 miles trip. I road the Citycom to Saint Cloud Minnesota over 150 miles round trip.  I now have over 1400 miles on it.  A SAFETY heads up,  You need to get use to the Brakes, the Front brakes will stop you right away and you will pull to the hard right.  When coming to a STOP, ease down on both Front and Rear brakes together, as you prepare to stop ease off front Brakes and hold Rear Brake and put feed down. It feels like power brakes.  You start out slow and the Citycom picks up speed really steady and smooth, it maintains hi speed and acceleration.  right click on picture icon open in new tab.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:59:20 PM by LAVOYERMNSTPAUL »

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: CITYCOM S 300i 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 02:24:53 AM »
Sounds nifty, & thanks for the heads up on the brakes.
I do have a few questions for ya :)
What kind of MPG you seeing now that it's at least a bit broken in?
What kind of top end are ya seeing?
What speed does it "cruise" at comfortably (with room to pass)?
Other than that did ya just boot up 35 to Duluth, or nab some back roads?

Cheers
Tromper/Seattle
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

LAVOYERMNSTPAUL

• View Profile
Re: CITYCOM S 300i 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 05:00:20 PM »
I live in Minnesota.  We have the ethanol added to our gas.  We can buy 91 octane ethanol-free gas for small motors, boats ,old cars, motor cycles. Our gas is refined in basic  one refinery. All brands come from same place. I run to almost empty and filled up and the brand does not matter. What does matter is if it has ethanol in the gas, if it does you are down on a long run by 10 miles plus, per gallon per mile.If you were getting 80 MPG it would be 55-60 MPG. This is on a straight run with out stopping and going.  Highway 61 and 23 to Duluth. Speed is 50-55 MPH cruise, about 110-120+ miles round trip to fuel up. This is when I have not road above 60 MPH. Going posted speed.  I used different brands of gas and result the same.  For some off reason I get better MPG with unknown brands. Each  geographic area has own brands.
I weigh about 200 lbs plus with all safety gear on.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 05:15:44 PM by LAVOYERMNSTPAUL »