Author Topic: Brakes lock up - scoot it totaled  (Read 427 times)

mike troiano

• View Profile
    • miketroiano.com
Brakes lock up - scoot it totaled
« on: October 09, 2016, 04:46:51 AM »
On September 1 I was coming home from work when my brakes locked up. I wend to in a skid and went flying about 20-30 feet from the scoot. Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? Need lees to say the bike was totaled. I broke both my right wrist and had the ball replaced in my left shoulder. I was really surprised the the insurance company gave my almost $2,700 for the scoot. I still have a few new front set of brakes, and a new rear set of brakes, plus seals for the variator. If anyone is local to the Folsom area, and needs them, contact me.

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: Brakes lock up - scoot is totaled
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 08:56:07 PM »
On September 1 I was coming home from work when my brakes locked up. I wend to in a skid and went flying about 20-30 feet from the scoot. Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? Need lees to say the bike was totaled. I broke both my right wrist and had the ball replaced in my left shoulder. I was really surprised the the insurance company gave my almost $2,700 for the scoot....
Oh man, so sorry to hear about your accident and the injuries. Hope you have a quick and complete recovery. I've never heard of brakes just locking up like that - weird. But I'm glad the insurance came through for you. My insurance actually gave me more than what I paid for my scooter (used) when it was totaled, so sometimes we get a good company backing us. Take care, and have a quick healing on your wrist and shoulder!
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID