Author Topic: Oil Change interval  (Read 5250 times)

Rickaroo3d

• View Profile
    • My Truck Cam
Oil Change interval
« on: July 30, 2011, 07:35:32 AM »
Does anyone know what the oil change interval is for the RV300i? The engine is the same as the Citycom. According to the manual it says every 1000 km's under the "Engine oil inspection and change" subject heading. But under the table heading it states 3000km's. Which is it??
SYM RV300i & SYM GTS 250

DougReid

• View Profile
Re: Oil Change interval
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »
I DO IT EVERY 3000, I THINK 1000 WOULD BE CRAZY HOWEVER MY OIL CHANGE LIGHT COMES ON EVERY 1000
REGARDS
DOUG

phipsd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »
It looks to me what they are saying is to be sure to check your oil every 1000 km and change it every 3000. It sounds like a good way to avoid nasty surprises. I know from experience that some individual bikes may use some oil right from new especially if they were ridden too gently from new and the rings didn't have a chance to seat in properly.

OTOH you could have done everything properly; varying the speed and load perfectly and some engines can use oil right from new and still be within the realm of what is considered normal.

The stupid oil light comes on with the SYM's automaticly no matter what you do. There is a reason they are called idiot lights. On most vehicles by the time the oil light comes on you have thrashed the engine.  The first time my light came on I freaked; I thought I had run my bike out of oil. LOL It was a little low but still ok.

About 200 km after my next change, on comes the light again.I guess it is a good reminder for people who don't pay attention.

Kiwiscoot

• Scootaholic - Down Under New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:58:29 PM »
The oil light is just a reminder to change the oil. Should come on every 3000km. It has nothing to do with the oil pressure or such as it's just an distance alarm. Hold the left hand "Oil" button on the dash down for about 3-10s to reset the light when it comes on. It does give one a big fright tho when it comes on the first time.
Citycom 300i - 46 000+ kms what a blast.
Citycom review: http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=200cc&action=display&thread=16772