Author Topic: DD50 Revival  (Read 661 times)

Robyorks

• View Profile
DD50 Revival
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:26:00 AM »
Wow, talk about a dead forum, lol!

Well I'm gonna post anyways, see what happens.

Just bought one and also just joined the forum. Hands up anyone actually using this!!

Rob.

Ok, well I stripped it down today. Lots of fixings missing, looks like it's had a hard life. Wasn't running right so drained the tank and put some fresh in. After a bit of a carb tweek it seems better, though I won't know until I get it out on the road. Looking at the obvious place to 'mod' it, it looks like it's already been messed with. The standard exhaust has had the extra tube cut off and the spacer has been taken out of the variator. Prep starts tomorrow on the panels, wish me luck! There seems to be a part missing from the front fairing though, like some kind of inlay. Anyone in the UK know of a parts distributor I could source one from?

Rob.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 08:01:46 PM by Robyorks »

Robyorks

• View Profile
Re: DD50 Revival
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:51:32 PM »
Day one of panel prep and paint.
Started with the long thin bits. You know, the ones that don't have any paint on them? Anyway, I painted them black and dipped them with white micro carbon fibre, probably finish them with matt clear.

All the rest will be white with stickerbomb film, though I may do something different with the big front panel. Not sure what yet, still need that moulded part to finish it. Might have to machine something to fit. Watch this space...

Rob.

Robyorks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 08:04:26 PM »
Well, everything is dipped and ready for clearcoat. I decided to stickerbomb the front panel in the end but still haven't decided what I am going to do with the missing 'badge' yet. There is also a bit of the thin black trim left on the scoot but looks like too much aggro to remove so probably won't bother with it.

This weekend should see the panels finished so next weekend will be flatting and polishing. Meantime I might take a bucket of soapy water to what's left, give it a clean.

I have noticed a few folks have viewed my post. Please feel free to comment, I feel ever so lonely :(

Rob.

Robyorks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 05:55:24 PM »
So I haven't made it back into the workshop in a few days. The wife seems to think fitting the new kitchen is more important, pfft!

Anyhow, I will try to get in there at the weekend and maybe post some photos if anyone would like to see how it's coming along?

TTFN,
Rob.

Robyorks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »
Still not made it into the workshop!! Might sneak a few hours tonight, get the clearcoat done... (don't tell the wife!)

Robyorks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 04:18:50 PM »
Clearcoat done, looks a mess. probably start over  :'(