Author Topic: Question about water cooling  (Read 802 times)

Jolly Roger

• View Profile
Question about water cooling
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:39:03 AM »
I have an Evo 125 purchased a couple of months ago second hand. Recently I had hot air coming from the grills in the panel behind the radiator. On investigation, I found that the thermostat had corroded in the shut position, so no circulation. I have removed it completely and renewed the coolant which was very rust looking.
I still have hot air coming from the grills and I now wonder if this is normal, or is something still not right?

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: Question about water cooling
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 06:57:32 PM »
Never really checked on the 200 but the heat does have to go somewhere.
How's it running?
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 02:12:37 AM »
Sorry about the late reply, but I have now concluded that hot air coming from the radiator is normal (nice in the winter). Also the fan is not coming on, so it is not overheating. My problem now is that the temperature gauge is not working, despite having replaced the sensor on the thermostat housing. Is there anything else to check apart from the gauge itself.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:11:29 PM »
It's pretty common to have to run a radiator cleaning cycle on the HD200, the OEM coolant seems to promote corrosion.
That'll sometimes clear up thermo-switch issues, a likely cause of your radiator fan issues.

I had to do that with the one my wife's riding at the moment that I purchased used, & the prior one that I'd bought new.
I pulled the switch and gave it a once over to clear some muck off it while I had the system drained, & it took a few cycles for it to fully settle even with bleeding, but seems to be doing OK now.
FYI I put in the Red/Pink stuff that they're using in Japan these days, not the Green stuff, after I did my final rinse on the system to get the last of the nasty OEM stuff out.

Try jumping the switch and see if the fan goes on.  If it does than this may do it.  Still might need a new switch of course, but it's worth a shot.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

Mikrotikpa

• View Profile
    • Зацените мой новый хуавей обзор
Question about water co
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
All I use for heat is my wood stove. And about the only wood available is pine and spruce.

I never have a creosote problem.

Once a week or more if I keep the fire going, I put an aluminum can coke or beer can in my wood stove. It totally melts but creates a gas that keeps the creosote from building up.

Since Ive been doing that, I get very little suit out when I run a brush though my stove pipe.

Try it, it works.
Успехов вам! пожалуйста зацените http://vli.su/youtube мой канал если не трудно =)

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 01:16:21 AM »
Not sure how that applies to a bike radiator...
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650