Author Topic: Retired at last!!  (Read 1718 times)

CarefulRider

• View Profile
Re: Retired at last!!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 01:26:07 PM »
Well GLV55:

It's been a year since I have had time to read posts on the forum; and I am still not retired, because of  the need for employer-sponsored health insurance. But I resurrect this post as I have read that Lewiston, ID has winter temps in the 40s, rarely gets snow, but does have hot summers of 93. Might visit when I've retired, I hope next year  :-\. Hope your retirement is going well  8).
Don't grow old; & choose your parents well

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: Retired at last!!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »
Well GLV55:

It's been a year since I have had time to read posts on the forum; and I am still not retired, because of  the need for employer-sponsored health insurance. But I resurrect this post as I have read that Lewiston, ID has winter temps in the 40s, rarely gets snow, but does have hot summers of 93. Might visit when I've retired, I hope next year  :-\. Hope your retirement is going well  8).

Hey CR, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you haven't been able to retire yet, but I totally understand the insurance thing. Lewiston is in a pretty area of the state, and although I can't vouch for the weather, I can tell you that they do have a paper mill up there that can put out some fairly bad odors. I have been through there, and it's certainly worth a visit - just try to get a place upwind of the mill. :o

So here's a little update: last winter was one of the worst on record for us, getting an accumulated 42 inches of snow. Then it rained all through April and most of May, so I actually rode LESS this year than I expected. Summer was a ripper, too, with over 40 days of temps above 95 degrees, many of them in the 100s. Didn't ride a lot in that heat, either. I'm hoping that Autumn will be much better and we can get out on the scooters more.
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID