Author Topic: new LED headlight flickering problem  (Read 1395 times)

trumpet

• View Profile
new LED headlight flickering problem
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:24:14 AM »
So I replaced the headlight on my SYM Fiddle 2 125cc scooter with an LED headlight:

H4 HS1 LED Headlight Bulb H/L High Low Beam 2000lm*2 Power=H:20W L:20W Voltage: DC 12V

I don't think anything is wrong with the actual light, I think it's either a wiring problem or something I messed up when installing it and would really appreciate some help with figuring this out.

The headlight flickers / strobes when running.  This is obviously not ideal (probably not street legal).

When I brake (and the break lights go on), the flicker stops and the headlight shines like it should.

When I hold down the "pop the seat" button (the same switch that toggles the hi/lo beam), the flicker stops ... at least for a minute or so, then resumes again.

Do I need some sort of extra part (capacitor maybe to even voltage out ... but isn't this DC, idk?)  Did I do something wrong when installing (all I did was take the original headlight out and put this new one in the exact same way)?  Is the headlight actually bad?

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this!

trumpet

• View Profile
Re: new LED headlight flickering problem
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:08:45 AM »
So, I messaged the manufacturer of the headlight and they said I probably need a current switch if my scooter was AC since the LED light is DC.

From the sounds of it, most motorcycles and scooters are a mix of AC / DC.  DC for the smaller lights (turn signals and dashboard indicators) and AC for the headlight / taillight.

So, given that, does anybody have any advise / instructions for how to change up the wiring so that the electric stuff going to the headlight is DC so I can use LED headlights?  Is there a simple part I can add somewhere that's pretty easy to mod?  Capacitor?  Current switch?

Thanks to anybody who can help.

Mikrotikpa

• View Profile
    • Зацените мой новый хуавей обзор
new LED headlight flickering pr
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 03:33:56 PM »
N350 has identified the source of the problem.
I would only add that if the magazine is being pressed over inserted by anything, even resting on sand bag, or coat over a hard surface, would likely cause the problem.
Успехов вам! пожалуйста зацените http://vli.su/youtube мой канал если не трудно =)