Author Topic: MPG  (Read 911 times)

SBJames

• View Profile
MPG
« on: March 17, 2016, 05:55:15 PM »
What sort of Miles Per Gallon are you getting on your Symphony? I've just got down to two bars from my first tank full and I've not quite done 100 *KM* I was expecting rather more...

And if you're quoting - are you talking UK or US gallons? :-)

SBJames.

SBJames

• View Profile
Re: MPG
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »
84.7 MPG(imperial) I got on my first fill up. Was hoping for a little more, but it is 2.5 times what the car does!  :-)

Noodle

• View Profile
    • Decibel Dungeon
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 03:27:30 PM »
As I am looking to buy an ST 125, this is a question that I have been asking. While I accept that factors such as rider weight, style of riding, and terrain, can affect fuel consumption, I am puzzled that I have read mpgs from 62 to 113 quoted in various places on the Internet.

One guy on You Tube (bababongo) stated that he got 90 mpg. A guy on a Spanish scooter forum complained that he only go 62. Two Spanish online magazines reported around 70 mpg (one using telemetry), while a Canary Islands site said that they achieved 113 mpg during a review. Other figures I saw were 90, 97, 103, and 110.

I've seen new ST 125's advertised on Ebay as doing 100+ mpg, and another dealer that II phoned this afternoon said they would definitely do 100+. Talk about confusing!

I would like to find a more focused estimate of fuel consumption before I purchase an ST instead of something like a Yamaha Xenter/Honda SH 125 that both appear to do 100+ mpg.

Another local SYM dealer said that he as unaware of an mpg figure from SYM, and is currently trying to find out if they have one. Meanwhile, the search of some Spanish sites found three reviews that state that SYM's official figure is 2.8 l/100 km or 110 mpg (UK).

SBJames

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »
Well over 900 miles and 9 fill ups (and a few tops ups on the way), my spreadsheet is running at an average MPG (UK) of 80.59... around 2.5 times that of my car!