Author Topic: Considering a Citycom 300  (Read 829 times)

suitcasejefferson

• View Profile
Considering a Citycom 300
« on: January 07, 2016, 01:43:34 AM »
Hello all. I am currently riding an HD200, and am very happy with it, other than it is just a bit lacking on the freeway as far as top speed goes. I don't really like riding it at full throttle for very long at the time. I don't know if that will do any damage or not. But, my local dealer (where I bought the HD200) offered me what would seem to be a great deal on a new Citycom 300, taking my HD200 as a trade. My question is basically, is it worth it? Is there anyone here who has also ridden an HD200? What is the difference in performance between the two? I notice the Citycom, like the HD, has far less displacement than the name would indicate, and it is actually closer to a 250. SYM claims a top speed about 10 mph faster than the HD. I am on the heavy side at 250 pounds.

shoupdawg

• View Profile
Re: Considering a Citycom 300
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
Hello,

My first ever scoot/PTW was a 2008 SYM HD200.  Great little scoot, but as I started riding with local clubs here in L.A., I found myself wanting something more and being able to hit the freeway for long hauls.  Get one and don't look back.

I've had countless scoots and bikes and in the stable, I currently have 3 scoots and one shifty, and one of them is the Citycom.  I have taken it on long rides and have ridden with bikes that were 650 or above and kept up (for the most part).  2 years ago, took a trip from L.A. up to Monterrey, CA and it was all good.

Best gas mileage out of all my scoots, even the lighter Vespa 300.

Thosoneill

• View Profile
Re: Considering a Citycom 300
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 04:57:52 AM »
Sorry haven't ridden an HD200 however I can vouch for the 263cc Citycom - I am no lightweight though the Citycom will pull 80 mph plus no problem - and as already stated fuel economy is excellent - pretty easy to maintain