Author Topic: electrical problem  (Read 655 times)

Symphonyrider

• View Profile
electrical problem
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:02:22 PM »
Hi guys got a problem I need some help with. Symphony sr125. Recently been hard trying to start it with electric starter. I put of down to it been a little cold out but over the past few days more problems have arisen. I'll start from the top, so starter sounds like its struggling to turn the engine over but kicks starts first time, every time. Bike sounds like it's bogging down or missing when its cold, battery fully charged and reading correct volts, took it for a long trip last might thinking it might just need a good run out because I've been short tripping it for a while then pulled into petrol station to fill it up and came back out tried to start it with electic starter and nothing but a click but still it started with kick start first kick . Tried to put helmet in boot when i got home and button for electric boot release wouldn't open it. Any help much appreciated.

redridinghood

• View Profile
Re: electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 05:29:44 AM »
Only click sound when trying to start bike sounds like a dead battery.

Sounds like there wasn't even sufficient voltage from the battery to open the box to store your helmet.

Test battery with a DC voltmeter (multitester) and tell us how many volts your battery is reading.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 05:40:37 AM by redridinghood »

DavidH

• View Profile
Re: electrical problem
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
Hi, I really need a (good) eletrical diagram for Sym Symphony sr 50 , type AZ05W , preferably pdf, can anyone help