Author Topic: ECU faulty ?  (Read 753 times)

Seftonscooter

• View Profile
ECU faulty ?
« on: November 27, 2015, 09:11:39 PM »
Just bought a 2011 SYM GTS 250I evo (assume its called an RV250 in other places), anyway it has no sparkplug spark 99.5% of the time. When it has had spark it started and ran beautifully for about 3 seconds. It has the Keihin Fuel injection. I have downloaded the service manual, and tested the crank position sensor and the resistance is correct, and if I crank it over I can measure 2v AC coming out of it. The ignition coil resistance tests ok and with 12v across it it will spark ok. The wiring from ECU to coil tests ok. Is it reasonable at this point to think that the ECU is dead and find a replacement.
I have retrieved the fault code 3 long 7 short (ignition coil or ignition wire) but can't clear it

Anywhere to get another ECU other than the Dealer who is a long way from here, and I am assuming won't be cheap.
Looking forward to some helpful suggestions, thanks
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:33:03 PM by Seftonscooter »

campurvis

• www.scooterseals.com
    • View Profile
    • www.scooterseals.com
Re: ECU faulty ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 01:08:47 AM »
Yes, ECUs are expensive, but if you send me an email (cam@scooterseals.com), Iíll give you a very competitive quote that you can compare with quotes from other suppliers.  The part (38710-HMC-000) is not that big and EMS shipping to the USA is very prompt (4-5 days).
Best regards,
Cam Purvis,
Hsinchu City, Taiwan

Hsinchu City, Taiwan

Seftonscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 03:58:53 AM »
Hi - Update on my scooter ECU problem. Turned out to be a Fault in the Rev counter or its wiring, which is connected to one of the coil leads. Bypassed this wiring and it runs great.
Huge thanks to Cam Purvis for helping with this problem.

motoflesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »
Can you please tell me how did you bridge and what wires you bridge to solve the problem ?
Thank you in advance