Author Topic: Results for a Lance dealer getting SYM parts....  (Read 2820 times)

sc00ter

• View Profile
Results for a Lance dealer getting SYM parts....
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »
The rear rotor is in, the front is still on back order. The prices were very fair-$214 for both rotors and $20 to cover shipping. What sucks is now the start button finished breaking. It was damaged when I bought it, but I jammed a piece of sponge behind it to hold it still, now its officially dead. Every time something rears its head on the SYM the wife says "Burgman 200" and walks away. Overall the SYM is a tank and I intend to keep it for now. Oh, back on topic, you CAN have a Lance dealer get parts for a SYM product. That will be a starter button and a few little things (centerstand springs!) that are broken or missing for the next order.

sc00ter

• View Profile
Re: Results for a Lance dealer getting SYM parts....
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
Still waiting for the front rotor....... Slow boat I presume. The state is doing re-paving on the interstate here at night so I take the surface streets home after work. The bad part is I pass a motorcycle dealership and the Burgman 200 keeps waving at me at night as I pass. It reminds me of a shelter puppy looking for a forever home. The only thing thats saving the City from being replaced is we need a beater car (sub $3000) and I think I found a nice 02 Corolla. Boring but dependable! I wanted a MR2 but those things go for more than Im willing to pay!

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:34:33 PM »
Both rotors are finally in, just need to pick them up. Down side is I was joking with a friend and said that when I get the new rotors installed something else will break-well something did. Im at 36,000 miles and now when I hit a big bump it cuts off!? Will start right back up. I suspect the side stand is bouncing and the safety switch is killing it, or I have a loose wire/contact down there. Wife said forget it and get the Burgman 200, but Im gonna try to keep the City thru the winter if possible. I finally feel like I got my $1200 out of it and I dont want a new scooter to go thru this winter if its anything like the last 2! The road deicer the state uses DESTROYS metal on contact!

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
Glad you got the parts, but sorry that something else went wrong. Sounds like my kind of luck? The City is a reliable bike, but the Burgy is also outstanding. You did get your money's worth out of it, though.
2014 PCH 150 (Matte Black)
Nampa, ID

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »
Wow, nice-all this waiting for the FRONT and rear rotor and what do I get? Two REARS! I do not know who is at fault as this is Sunday BUT I have come to the conclusion that this "parts system" is not for me. Going to try and just get my money back for the wrong rotor and move on to a different brand. Cannot wait another 1000 days and 1000 nights for the WRONG part(s). Now I know why I miss Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki, nice, easy parts diagrams WITH part #'s! Yes, I'm now calmed down-lucky it wasnt right after I opened the box and noticed this stupid mistake!

redridinghood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 08:03:15 PM »
That is extremely frustrating. Motorcycles/scooters have always been second class compared to their 4 wheeled brethren, when it come to parts distribution/availability and service, but the issues with your scooter goes above and beyond that.

There was a fledgling car company doing business in the United States, to the point that they sold the distribution of their vehicles and parts to outside entities...GST and SET (JM Family Enterprises) are now 2 of the largest privately held companies in the nation.

Gulf States Toyota Distributors and Southeast Toyota Distributors, each owning the distribution rights to 5 states, turned out to be great investments.

I can't even imagine how huge the offers from Toyota must have been to buy these 2 companies out; which have obviously been turned down. 

I'm watching you SYM & Alliance. Get better at your business every day and you'll still be around 5 decades from now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:10:00 PM by redridinghood »

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 08:19:03 PM »
Still mad, but Im going to find out what happened and who was at fault. The worse part was the butter bolts (five rotor bolts) were so HARD to remove, and I should be replacing them (got mangled) but I know in my heart I will get the wrong part OR wait forever. Funny you mention Toyota redridinghood, Im looking at a MINT 86 MR2 this weekend, and I know I can find any and all the parts needed for this old car no problem/quickly. Thanks for letting me vent after my cute surprise! Will keep everyone posted as the drama unfolds......

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 08:44:02 PM »
Since we cant see the part #'s Im just posting what the scooter shop ordered.
CTY-F13-06
43121-LEA-000-SO
CITYCOM 300 RR BRAKE DISK(S-421)
QTY 2 @ $95.00 each
The original invoice show FRONT and REAR rotors being ordered. Rotors are obviously different. The shop is ran by what my wife calls "China scooter pirates." and does not really care for them. She is a much better judge of people than I. Again, let the finger pointing begin......

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 08:57:26 AM »
The "scooter pirates" at the dealership are looking into the mistake and promise to make it right. I do trust them as I know the owners pretty good. I just dont want to wait forever for the correct rotor to come over on the slow boat again! Going to try to reuse the butter bolts for the rotor (2 of them rounder out) since I plan to replace the bike this spring and wont have to deal with it anymore.

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 11:54:15 AM »
Only updating for a time line reason. I talked to the "moped pirates" today (Saturday) and they said they have a tracking # and the rotor is on the way. Didnt ask who was at fault, just happy the problem got addressed. Fingers crossed its the right part!

trying59

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »
Just asking a question why not just take the  bake rotor into a old fashion brake shop and have them grind it flat again ?   It' s what I did with a gold wing brake rotor a while back.  Cost me 45 bucks .   As long as the lathe work on the rotor doesn't grind in below min specs it should work.  Back in the day they did it with all types of disk brakes and still do when they are mega $ new. 

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 06:48:08 PM »
When the rotor is 3.4 minimum wear limit and the rotor is at 2.0 and is starting to warp would I really have it turned? Why? Trust me, after this whole fiasco with something simple like rotors I just walked away from this brand altogether. Side note is I never received the correct front rotor. Going back to a product that has support-something by Honda, Suzuki or Genuine will be my next new scooter purchase really soon.

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 05:08:32 PM »
Wow, I FINALLY got the front rotor, at least I THINK its the correct rotor.  Part # 45121-LEA-000-SO. If someone needs a front rotor AND this is the correct rotor (you can verify that by the part #) toss me a offer. Not looking to break even since I no longer own a SYM and have no more desire to buy another one, so Im open to any offer. The CityCom itself is now leaning against a shed in a backyard with no cover on it and busted up panels letting water in. Have no idea what he plans to do with it. Anyways, rotor offers?

mememeke

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 10:40:49 AM »
I can't believe you were o.k. with paying $117 dollars for a rotor.  My mercedes c280 rotor was $33.  Alliance is terrible, sym parts are to hard to get and to expensive.  Sell the bikes cheaper, then rip the customer off on parts.  I was told by a rep that alliance took over after the last importers building burned down. ( nice for the insurance company )  Seems real shady to me.

redridinghood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »
An article that might be of some interest.

www.dealernews.com/dealernews/article/importer-update-lance-sym-wants-400-us-dealers

Thought the practice of "cannibalizing" parts from new machines in order to repair units already sold, was intriguing; hey, they're trying.

The article states that their dealer margains on the bikes run around 33 percent, so they aren't giving them away.

Can't imagine that Gene Chang doesn't take a peek at this board every once in a while.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:03:13 AM by redridinghood »