Author Topic: VARIATOR SLIDING ROLLS  (Read 1179 times)

lowlyfe911

VARIATOR SLIDING ROLLS
« on: September 24, 2015, 07:40:44 AM »
09 mio

Might someone know the stock weight.

I am 175 pounds at most.  I am looking for a good median range sliding roller.  Supposedly Dr. pulley is the way to go.  I want more top end BUT do not want to really kill the low end.  Yes I know there is give and take.  I live in FL so really its flat ground.  Lots of 30-40 mph zone but I also don't want to hold up traffic being the guy on the shoulder waving people by till my scooter gets up to speed.

Are sliding rollers the way to go?  What style is best? 

How bout clutch spring should I swap them out for different?

I have ordered an upgraded CDI, NGK plug and performance coil.  Im not looking to go wild just subtle upgrades to get the most out of the scooter and not hurt the longevity.

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: VARIATOR SLIDING ROLLS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »
ordered an upgraded CDI

There may be a compatibility issue.

With a stock compression ratio of 12.6:1, that engine is pretty much "already there" in a performance context.  Higher RPM's are probably NOT going to enhance engine longevity.

don't want to hold up traffic being the guy on the shoulder waving people by till my scooter gets up to speed

125/150cc would be more compatible with your performance expectations.  Include Znen and Lance in your research.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:40:47 AM by tortoise »

lowlyfe911

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »
I went with this setup.  I know it says GY6 and not QMB139 but scooter places I have talked with say it works the same.  Willing to take clarification HERE on that of course.  I made a sep. post on it with other questions but it was not answered.  If its not workable I can always return it. 

TY for the link on the CDI box.  I had read it in a google search previously could not really understand it, asked mildly about it here in another thread and went with what I could try and understand.  Its rather inexpensive so I would not be out much.  If anything I can post it FS in the right area. 

ANY HELP would be great.  I try and make smart purchases.  This is a whole new thing to me.  Usually I am working on cars.  My first and only scooter growing up was a 79 Push.  That thing I could work on, on my own easily.  Times have changed/gone to a sophisticated level :).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291131229343?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:49:39 AM »
If its not workable I can always return it.

Perhaps YOU will receive a returned unit that has already been "smoked"!

Performance ignition components typically have the opposite effect.

This review claims 40mph derestricted . . what are your expectations?

lowlyfe911

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »
no matter what we order we hope when we get it that its in proper working order.  wish me luck :)

TY for the video.  Shed some light on a lot of things.  Im deff. green when it comes to scooters these days.

I would be happy with as close to 40mph as I can get.

I don't plan to buy anything more for the scooter other than weights POSSIBLY.  Or any other thing I am missing to get to the goal mph.  LMK things to consider.  I don't want to mess with the carb/jets but will do the derestricting mods.  Wondering if I will have issues driving/running pulling all that stuff out of the air box.  Is it suggested to get a filter and elbow that sits closer to the carb.

axa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »
So does not anyone know the stock weight of the rollers?
I just got the scooter for my gal and i didnt get to examine it yet other to recognize it likely has bad rollers...

I suppose ill just scoop out the old and weigh them but, sure thought a forum such as this has at least that level of info...

How about the exactly engine model number? it cant be QMB139 as mentioned below... that number stands for 1 cylinder, 39mm diameter piston, but the manual clearly states its a 37mm piston...

so who is the authority on this forum?

axa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »
ok so stock rollers are 6 grams.

I am having a bit of hesitation on take off and am considering going to 7gram weights. and while ive read everything on variators that i could find, actual experience in tuning is lacking.