Author Topic: Citycom body parts  (Read 851 times)

Tabby

• View Profile
    • Negative Image Scooter Club
Citycom body parts
« on: September 21, 2015, 09:37:04 PM »
Anyone know about the availability of plastic body panels in the USA? The Citycom and I got rear ended a couple weeks ago. Nothing to serious nothing broken on me or the bike, just both scraped up pretty good. The insurance company will pay for the replacement. We called the nearest dealer who's seventy miles away and he was no help at all, as usual. Any input would be appreciated.
  Thanks; T.
2009 Citycom 300i, 1986 Goldwing Interstate

sc00ter

• View Profile
Re: Citycom body parts
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 07:49:21 AM »
Panels can be tricky and pricey-but it can be done! I recently discovered that I can order SYM parts through my local Lance dealer. I think Im just waiting on the slow boat now, but my parts are on the way! Color matching and painting the panels is one option, or go custom. I have been fascinated with that wet wrap graphics process. I just always hear about dealers not wanting to bother with panels for some reason.

Tabby

• View Profile
    • Negative Image Scooter Club
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 02:54:29 PM »
thanks for the reply. the nearest dealer to me hasn't been helpful with other parts either. Called him a couple years back about a belt and rollers they didn't have them in stock, said they'd look into it never heard back. I'm probably going to take the damaged parts off and take them to a paint shop to see if the can be repaired and painted.
It's really a shame about the dealers these a such great bikes they need a strong network.
Thanks again for the reply.
2009 Citycom 300i, 1986 Goldwing Interstate

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 09:01:30 PM »
Not only do I know our local Lance dealer guys on a personal level, I'm also 4 miles away from them. Now its just a wait and see, but I have faith in them. My local Genuine dealer (6 miles away) is going to stop dealing with them as soon as the last Buddy 50 sells, but the new dealer that picked Genuine up (10 miles away) is a good guy so that scooter is still locally supplied. I got it good in the scooter 'hood! I know your frustration concerning the nearest dealer being 70 miles away. Been there with a Qlink scooter. Learned my lesson! Anyways, did you try contacting SYM and/or Lance direct? Worth a try.