Author Topic: '09 Mio NEW OWNER NEW MEMBER  (Read 1286 times)

lowlyfe911

'09 Mio NEW OWNER NEW MEMBER
« on: September 20, 2015, 05:05:43 PM »
Hi all. New here. Just picked up an '09 Sym Mio for $175. Has 96.5!! miles on it and its never been titled. Have all papers including Certificate Of Origin. I have not ridden or started the scooter yet because I want to find out from REAL WORLD OWNERS what the deal is on this scooter. Sometimes reviews can be misleading. I have a few questions and hope I may be able to get some answers here. Most important I have searched online and its what brings me here for clarification. 

I also want to thank John Adamo (ADMIN) for creating my account so quickly after email.  I was having issues creating an account and he just went a head and made one for me.  It was not easy finding you here John.  Not being a registered member had its challenges :)

It needs a new battery and a cover that goes over the top of it besides the rubber mat. What battery are members using?  I found on online from a PDF on parts but its got two different numbers.  Obviously color code is the difference but I don't know it LOL.  I need the cream/white color one.  Help on that would be great.  OAH and the screws to hold it down.  I don't know the thread n depth and I cant see spending $4. for one online.

Are there any recalls on this year, make, model OR anything I should know about it?  Basically common problems to address. Things I should look at changing/adjusting for the longevity/life of the scooter. Its been sitting and also want to know if fluids will be fine or if I should swap with new.  I live in Cape Coral FL so im thinking IF SUGGESTED to go with a 10w40 oil cause of the hot weather. Its what I read anyway.  Sorry if mistaken.  Quality of oil to use.  Typically in my vehicles although not high mileage I still use a high mileage oil.  Same with gear box.  I wouldn't ask so much on it but the PDF manual I located does not really get into it.  AND again I would like to know whats been working good and the only way to know is by sourcing real world owners.

Naturally as any owner of a scooter they want to get the most out of it. Im not looking at going wild with my scooter but want some performance gain. What are people using that have real results and maybe suggest a site to go to. Only thing I have seen worth doing is the removal of the restrictors. ie bean bag, air duct, and nylon ring. And possibly purchase a Racing CDI Box with no rev limit<<<<looked to be a favorable item I don't know. Thoughts and opinions appreciated/respected. Anything to purchase that wont waste time or money. I am mechanically inclined so I can do my own work.  PLEASE post any part numbers you may have that have been a favorable product through out the scooter world.  I was told the scooter was de riestricted.  Plan to investigate that.  I would say the CDI Box is stock AIA-CDI Suitai-SYM 677 are all that's on it.

Lastly at this time.  Was looking at getting a plastic basket.  The one that's positioned at your legs.  Does it get in the way.  Limit comfort ability or pretty much have to keep your feet stationary/more limited?

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME and appreciate any info you share.  I did for about 2 days google the heck out of this machine and REALLY not much is said.  Occasional wear n tare issues, mild moding, a few how to threads and the like is all I have come across.  If there is another American Forum or one that is translated to English is out there PLEASE SHARE.

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: '09 Mio NEW OWNER NEW MEMBER
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 06:04:53 PM »
Lithium-Ion battery resource.

Change the 10W40 at around 300 and 600 miles to flush out the glitter.  Also consider adding 1 tablespoon supplemental 2-stroke oil per gallon of gas in the tank.  Everyone has to make your own determination about synthetics, but regular 15W40 works fine every 1,000 miles.  Keep tires inflated to around 30psi, and change belt every 5,000 miles.

lowlyfe911

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »
How do I get a full manual download.  The ones offered online leave out so much especially on the fuel system. 
THIS SITE
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/805092/Sym-Mio-50.html?page=4#manual
has a complete manual with fuel system included.  BUT when I download it, it keeps that portion and others out.  I cant even cut n paste/highlight it and do a print page for what I can see prior to download.  Why is it offered only for view and it columns it with no pic if I try and print it.  AGAIN I downloaded as well but it keeps portions of the manul out.  Even the specifications is only given a third of the info.  BUT I can see it all just unable to print it AS IS

campurvis

• www.scooterseals.com
    • View Profile
    • www.scooterseals.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 12:56:24 AM »
Bring up the page you want--hit your 'print screen' key on keyboard.  You may have to scroll down two or three times to be able to print all of the sections on the page..but, you should be able to get all the info.
Hsinchu City, Taiwan

lowlyfe911

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 08:15:43 AM »
I tried it many ways. Try printing the fuel system section.  When I try and print any part of the manual really, it tosses stuff on the page even in print preview.  Even if I try and print selection it does the same or re formats it not like what is shown.  I have majority of the manual printed already from other PDF files found in google BUT portions of the manual are left out such as FUEL SYSTEM.  Just shows it as blank pages.  The link shared here is the only one I could find where you could see those pages but having issues printing them.  I cant even save it on desktop as is.