Author Topic: My first tour in the US. 270 miles  (Read 1315 times)

ashieng

• zippin
    • View Profile
My first tour in the US. 270 miles
« on: August 10, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
Shortly after purchasing a used 2008 SYM, I joined Oregon Scooter Club. I joined the first tour posted which was Seafood Run.

Here is the ride map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=z5fBjp80Dk-4.kGwqk-BSiodo

The map shows the starting point as Wilsonville. But I started from Salem and returned from the Forest Grove end point back to Salem.

My favorites were the sunlit straight roads because I haven't been riding for 6 years  :( and the twisties in the shadows made for some scary :o moments.

Some highlights include lunching at the top of Mt. Hebo and learning that it was a military site (missile silos) during the 70s.

Seeing the ocean and learning that some of our tax dollars go towards maintaining floating toilets. The popular fishing spot in this photo is so popular that human waste became a problem needing a solution.

A SYM 250 can keep up with the Burgs   8) . I rode with two Burg 400s and one 650.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:33:56 AM by ashieng »
keep on scootin :)

skootz

• View Profile
Re: My first tour in the US. 270 miles
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 04:15:07 PM »
Nice route! Welcome to the forum!
Posting Photos: You have to host the photos off-site (like photobucket etc)
then link to them here.
Hope to see your photos!

Mikrotikpa

• View Profile
    • Зацените мой новый хуавей обзор
My first tour in the US 270
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »
Range bag: IFAK for TC3;

Back pack EDC: IFAK for TC3 and the usual first aid stuff bandaids, aspirin, neosporin, etc.;

Trunk of car: MASCAS backpack.
Успехов вам! пожалуйста зацените http://vli.su/youtube мой канал если не трудно =)

Tromper

• View Profile
Re: My first tour in the US. 270 miles
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 01:13:44 AM »
Nice run, what's the model there? An RV250?
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650