Author Topic: gts 300 evo not starting  (Read 2644 times)

Roons

• View Profile
gts 300 evo not starting
« on: August 10, 2015, 06:20:57 AM »
Hi Guys.need some help please.
Got my new to me 2014 300 gts.Absolutely  love my new scoot and is a pleasure to ride.1500km on the clock.
One small problem however. After noticing my petrol was a bit low went to fill up with fuel.After filling up scoot would not start.Motor was swinging over but not starting.After about 30 minutes ,and growing increasingly angry,and in desperation,I shook the fuse box holder,and viola,scoot started.I did about 50 km and had no further problems.However the next morning the scoot would not start again .I tried everything and eventually shook the fuse box again and as before scoot started.This has happened about 4 times in the last 150km and on each occasion the shaking of fuse box sorts out the problem.Once running, scoot runs perfectly.
I removed all fuses cleaned them ,made sure they were tightly installed,but this has made no difference at all.
Any suggestions as to the problem would be greatly appreciated

scosgt

• View Profile
Re: gts 300 evo not starting
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »
When you say "not starting", do you mean it cranks but does not catch, or do you mean that it does not turn over at all?

If it is not turning over and shaking the fuse box starts it cranking, I am guessing you have a bad ground.

Roons

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 03:16:50 AM »
Hi Thanks for reply.
Motor cranks over but does not start.
Agents replaced relays, cleaned everything and for about two weeks scoot was fine.
Unfortunately trouble started again yesterday.
When you switch on ignition you cannot hear the fuel pump running, then obviously it wont start.
Again, :'( once I shake fuse box ,you can hear the fuel pump start and scoot then immediately starts.
Even agents are stumped and im growing increasingly frustrated and if I cant sort this problem out soon, will consider selling scoot even though once running ,is an absolute joy to ride.
Please help.

Rickaroo3d

• View Profile
    • My Truck Cam
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 08:51:26 PM »
Had the same problem only it never started at all..see thread below

http://symforum.com/index.php?topic=1024.0