Author Topic: Anybody know how to Raise the Beams of the Lights on the RV200?  (Read 651 times)

CarefulRider

• View Profile
I enjoy riding at night.
Some folks have said that the lights on this model are inadequate. Fortunately, for my night-riding interest, I find the light(s) adequately bright for the (slower) speeds that I ride at.
It's folly to ride fast at night here, owing to the presence of deer.
However, both the low & high beams on my scoot should be raised. I don't know how to do it. Please help!
I'm also going to ask in other forums, as this might not be a common enough question.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:51:56 AM by CarefulRider »
Don't grow old; & choose your parents well

CarefulRider

• View Profile
Re: Anybody know how to Raise the Beams of the Lights on the RV200?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 08:26:39 AM »
I finally lay down in front of the scoot & looked up & into the area behind the headlights & saw, behind each headlight housing, a white plastic gearwheel, an estimated 1" in diameter. Upon reaching up, & gripping a gearwheel, I attempted to turn it, & sure enough, it turned back & forth. Upon closer scrutiny, I noticed the reflector moving up & down, thereby raising & lowering the direction of the beam.

So if any body wants to alter the beam, & can't find the gearwheel(s), let me know, & I'll take a photo or two to help illustrate their location(s).
Don't grow old; & choose your parents well