Author Topic: The scooter I want (Are you listening, Sym?)  (Read 5723 times)

sc00ter

• View Profile
Re: The scooter I want (Are you listening, Sym?)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
Etamnl, I found your trike. Hampton Roads (VA) c-list, SUNL 150 scooter and Sidecar! Its a start!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:48:11 PM by sc00ter »

LAVOYERMNSTPAUL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 09:00:56 PM »
  I bought a new 2016 City com S 300i with in two weeks I had 1,400 Miles on it, 
278.3cc.  I road the citycom  from Saint Paul, MN to Duluth and back over 300 miles round trip.  Because I started out late in morning part of the return trip was at night, and I did not have any problems with the scooter. I am very happy with my new scooter. the scooter is very easy to handle and set on back stand.  Please look at my other posts with more information.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 07:50:25 AM »
Hi everyone.

I ride a 2011 PCX 125, been looking for a faster ride and was in the market for a 2016 HD200 in white. Searched and read a lot the past few days about the HD and test rode it. Freaking LOVED it, felt like a hot rod to me with its motor sound and overall reaction in the powerband/throttle. Was all prepared to put out the money for it until I read the posts by a few owners with some gas tank issues, frequent oil changes complaints, blown gaskets and generally extra TLC that I would not need to worry about on the Honda. There is still a chance I might pull the trigger on one but I kind of let down by these issues. I think I am worrying more than necessary.
Here is the ride I was going to sell.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 11:26:38 AM »
was in the market for a 2016 HD200

Seems somewhat odd there is still no mention on Sym facebook about the HD2 200i (fuel-injected, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, 171cc) USA availability?

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 12:32:57 PM »
was in the market for a 2016 HD200

Seems somewhat odd there is still no mention on Sym facebook about the HD2 200i (fuel-injected, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, 171cc) USA availability?

Well that will make me hold out for a 17 model one for sure! Looks sweet and hopefully as reliable as the Japanese brands. I don't mean to put down Sym bikes but overall more bugs than Japanese from my readings.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 07:34:46 PM »
They've been promising the FI here for years, but nada last I heard.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »
Oh hell, I put a deposit on the 16 HD200 today. I might be waiting years for the FI to show up in the States. Anyway the current HD fits me well, I like the looks of it better than the FI model actually. The FI HD2 is generic Yamaha kind of look to it. The single headlight looks sharp to me.

Carbs it will be, Chevron Gas only!

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 06:23:27 PM »
I haven't been fond of the local (Pac NW) Chevron winter blend, generally use Shell or costco, or when I can get it no-eth
http://www.pure-gas.org/ is a handy link, not as accurate as you'd always wish, but better 'n nothing.
Having owned a couple of 'em (and about to repair the one that broke cuz I like em that much) if the factory battery so much as farts at you, replace it, they are historically notably bad, & there is no kick start. 
I nab YUASAs that I have to put the acid in off Amazon to assure freshness, & use a tender.  So far so good.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 11:38:38 AM »
I'm in Seattle till Oct 17 than out of this hellhole of a city thank God. The horrid 7-8 months of clouds and rain plays on mind. Traffic is horrid as well. Anyway, I will just stick with tier 1 gas. In Albuquerque its nice year round 4 seasons of sun.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »
To each their own; although I agree that a bit more sunshine in the winter wouldn't be so bad.
Two years running of at least a month or two of record breaking rain is a bit much.

You get your HD from Seattle Scooter Center on Aurora?
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 09:02:50 PM »
Yes indeed Seattle Cycle on Aurora. Felt like I got a fair price 4k OTD. Tried to find a used one is pretty hard to impossible. Which would have been my 1st choice.

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 09:13:43 PM »
Good shop, great mechanic.  That's where i got mine sorted out.
Been going there a while (so long that I'm pretty sure the burgman on their site pic is my old one).
If ya ever do group rides, perhaps we'll run into each other in riding season.

I still do recommend the city grips even if you're riding brand new OEMs.  Night and day difference in wet weather, & cornering anytime.
The OEMs have a cliff ya drop off when you lean hard, & are essentially rocks on the road.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
I can't squeeze new tires in budget wise. Shops charge so much for tire changing. When I had motorcycles the only shop to charge a fair amount was Seattle Used Bikes. Something like 130-145 tax included to install tires of your choice. Many shops will an arm and a leg if you don't buy the tires from them which are expensive since they are not as low as online stores.

So where do you suggest a place for tire changing? I like IRC tires, a lot of people don't like them on the Honda PCX board as they were stock but I felt they were fine and turned pretty well. Any thoughts on IRC?

Tromper

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 06:03:24 AM »
I think some flavor IRC are stock on the HD.  Give 'em a try & if you like 'em don't change 'em.
I did rode the OEMs for a fair number of miles, I always thought they seemed a bit slick in the rain.
They are known to last forever, on my 08 (I bought it NOS so it'd been sitting a few years already)
I swapped them when I saw the rubber was starting to go but there was plenty of tread left.
It's possible that with the NM summers the tires may work a lot better since it gets a bit warmer than it does in the PNW.

As far as changing tires goes.  If you don't have the setup to do it yourself (I don't) there are a couple different guys on CL who will do a wheel off swap for $30ish.  The one in Mill Creek has decent reviews from folks on ADV, & elsewhere.
The other one I've seen is a guy in Kirkland, but haven't heard anything about him.  I think he's a bit cheaper.
Removing the front's pretty easy, the back can be a PITA; although with rear disc yours will likely be easier than mine was.
Of course Caveat Emptor, Carpe Carp etc.
08 SYM HD200
07 Suzuki Burgman 650

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 10:38:04 PM »
Well the budget only has money to replace the front duro tire right now. I am going to just put in Pirelli Diablo in the front only. Going for the much sportier steering feel! I too think the stock Tires are rocks.