Author Topic: Fiddle 125 - lets get some real world feedback  (Read 1560 times)

TrimSlim

• View Profile
Fiddle 125 - lets get some real world feedback
« on: June 11, 2015, 08:06:26 AM »
Hoping to get some feedback from my fellow Fiddle II 125 owners.

- Anyone out there racking up the miles? (I purchased my 2009 Fiddle last year with 930 miles and I am currently at 4800.)

- Have you replaced your belt and rollers?  If so, what was your mileage when you did so?  ( I am still running the original belt and rollers and am projecting to change them at the beginning of the next riding season.)

-Are you running rollers or sliders?  What weight did you select and what were the results?

- Change of tires?  How many miles, what size and brand?  I know a few folks on the forum have moved to 120/90-10 size tires.  Are you still running those?  How about some feedback regarding performance over time, psi and ride quality.  Anybody go to the very common 100/90-10?

Are you happy with your scooter overall?

Thanks for any input.

TrimSlim

• View Profile
Re: Fiddle 125 - lets get some real world feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:54 AM »
anyone...anyone...Bueller...Bueller...

TrimSlim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 03:37:54 PM »
Just pulled the Fiddle out of storage last Friday, fired right up and had a nice ride home!  On Saturday it was off with the original Duros and on with a set of Michelin S1 100/90-10 tires.  So far I am really liking these tires - smoother ride, increased traction and smoother transitions in and out of turns.  Mileage on the scooter is about 6,650 miles.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:07:06 PM by TrimSlim »

trumpet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 10:36:50 AM »
We have a 2012 that my wife uses to commute to work, and I use on the weekend a lot.  It was purchased in 2013.

It currently has 13k miles.  The scooter has had 4 oil changes and soon to get it's 5th during the 3rd annual tune-up from the shop.

We have only replaced the original tires (around 8.5k miles), the mirrors (just to get nicer ones with better visibility), and recently the headlight (around 13k miles).

I think we went with Shinko for our tires.  They've been solid so far.

We have not had to replace anything else yet, but who knows what this next annual visit to the shop will entail.

TrimSlim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 03:08:14 PM »
Have about 400 miles on a new belt and sliders for the scooter.  A few folks here had tried 11g sliders which resulted in superior performance but dropped the gas mileage.  I went with 12 g sliders and can recommend them.  I found that the scooter now needs less throttle to accelerate off the line, has better pull through the mid range, holds speeds on the hills ( have not tried any steep hills at higher speeds), no decrease in top speed and seems to be returning the same or slightly better gas mileage.  Yep-better all around for sure!

funkydrumma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 09:33:49 AM »
Just joined the forum and came across this thread.  I bought my 2009 used a few years ago.  It has 11,650 miles now and has had NO problems.  I replaced the battery and tires when I bought it and I get it serviced once per season.  Even when it sits for a while it cranks right back up.  I couldn't be happier with this bike.